XF 2.2 PayPal Pay Later Support

Gene Steinberg

We do have two long-term member upgrade packages available to our forum members.

It would be nice to integrate PayPal Later support so that members can stretch payments on them. It would likely generate more business from people who don't have the spare cash available right away.

Any thoughts of adding this capability? I don't think it's anything we can do directly unless someone develops an add-on?

We do have two long-term member upgrade packages available to our forum members.

It would be nice to integrate PayPal Later support so that members can stretch payments on them. It would likely generate more business from people who don't have the spare cash available right away.

Any thoughts of adding this capability? I don't think it's anything we can do directly unless someone develops an add-on?

I thought this is independent of anything site side? If someone takes pay later you site still gets paid and theres a credit agreement between PP and the user?

From what I can see on the PayPal site, you have to create a custom checkout page for this to work, which is why it would have to be integrated into XF or available via an add-on.

Maybe, but I see no such option in the page that comes with our checkout page when someone does a member upgrade.

As usual, PayPal documentation isn't exactly clear. Where would I find such options? I cannot see it being done automatically.

They appear to be less capable of explaining this, and haven't called me back when we tried to navigate a bad phone connection. Supposedly it should appear there automatically depending on the user, they said, but if you haven't yet created an account, how can they know? They'd have to do a credit check, but you wouldn't need a credit check unless you want a Pay Later option.

It's possible it appears for you because you have set up a custom checkout page for selling XF licenses.

Why not look at a member upgrade checkout for PayPal and tell me what you see there?

It's nothing to do with our checkout page.

For all intents and purposes, our payment system is identical to the user upgrade system.

Can you test a member upgrade screen and see if it is offered there?

PayPal says it should work if the customer is deemed "worthy." It sounds stupid. But I cannot promise a feature that nobody can get, and I have no way to know. It doesn't do it for me even when I apply someone else's PP credentials as a test.

You are a gem, Chris. Thank you. That's what PayPal couldn't confirm to me, other than saying the customer had to be in good standing with PayPal and not have too many "pay later" transactions on their account.

I can now tell our members to look for it — sometimes. :)

Top Bottom