Paypal issues while purchasing Xenforo[Not a rant thread]

Bala

Okay this thread is not about ranting against XF or Paypal but I do hope XF does decide to implement another system, but thats another topic.

My main question is I am facing issues buying XF using paypal. This question is mainly directed to Indian buyers. I would like to know if anyone has successfully used a debit card to purchase XF via paypal? Also if there is anyone, can they tell me which debit cards work with paypal?

I hope so some Indian forum owners/buyers can help me out with suggestions and get me going. I have been trying with a Corp International Debit Card. The point is I am able to add it to Paypal and well when I click purchase it says your 3-digit pin is incorrect. I have successfully used this card to pay in Dollars to collegeboard for my SAT so yes it does work for international transactions. Even strange paypal does deduct the card verification fee of 1$ nicely. Paypal support is being unhelpful. :(

So guys any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah just saw his posts on similar issues. If he is in Mumbai, I sure can work out something with him. BTW me being an engineer might help LOL.

Call PayPal, their email support is absolute junk, you're lucky to get a response. If you ring them and cross your fingers, you might just get a decent advisor. PayPal is an easy payment processor, most widely used one and the one with the best, easy to integrate merchant features. It's obvious why it is used.

Does payment as a guest work? If not, maybe you can find someone to send a wire transfer too (mind your bank charges!) and they can do the payment for you, someone with a card type officially supported by PayPal. Try ringing first and see what comes up.

Credit cards are there in India but you need a high enough income to get one. TheBigK, well Paypal does not accept all debit cards. Only some it seems. I just want to confirm which one before opening an account. Most of the bank guys have never heard of paypal. So bank is useless.

well Paypal does not accept all debit cards. Only some it seems.
They didn't ask me what kind of cards do I have.
They asked for my account number.
I gave it to them.
In a few days time they deposited into it twice.
How much did we deposit?
23 and 12 cents.
OK. That was it. Accepted.

It seems like it doesn't like some US cards either. I currently own a license but struggled getting one. I had to have my business partner purchase it.

It seems like it doesn't like some US cards either. I currently own a license but struggled getting one. I had to have my business partner purchase it.
You may need to enable International Transactions on these kind of cards (since XenForo is a UK company).

Also, due to the PATRIOT Act, prepaid debit cards won't work.

Top Bottom