PayPal Account Hacked ?!

I had a payment sent from my PayPal account a few years ago. I still don't know how they actually got into the account, and PayPal never gave any extra information on their investigations.

I now use their 2 way authentication, and have to receive a code via SMS on my phone to log in.

@yavuz ingilizceden pek çakmadığımdan türkçe yazayım anti-virus falan alayı hikaye en azından antinin yanın da KeyScrambler adında bi program var onu kullan klavyede tuşladığın bütün harfleri şifreliyor extra olarak lastpass kullanmanı öneririm şifreleri otomatık senin için giriyor ve güçlü şifreler üretiyor kullanabilmen için çünkü öyle troanlar varki varını yoğunu alıyorlar antilerin haberi dahi olmuyor ayrıntılara girmiycem zamanında baya tecrübem oldu dediklerimi yapmanı tavsiye ederim...

@yavuz ingilizceden pek çakmadığımdan türkçe yazayım anti-virus falan alayı hikaye en azından antinin yanın da KeyScrambler adında bi program var onu kullan klavyede tuşladığın bütün harfleri şifreliyor extra olarak lastpass kullanmanı öneririm şifreleri otomatık senin için giriyor ve güçlü şifreler üretiyor kullanabilmen için çünkü öyle troanlar varki varını yoğunu alıyorlar antilerin haberi dahi olmuyor ayrıntılara girmiycem zamanında baya tecrübem oldu dediklerimi yapmanı tavsiye ederim...

(Just that others understand) he is saying that my keyboard has been could have been recorded and should use a key scrambler. I activated the two-step authenticator (via sms) if it happens again I'll know for sure.

PayPal was super fast resolving the dispute, all the money got refunded. I'm trying the SMS authentication step but the SMS are comming really slow, they expire before I type them in :D Did anyone had similar experience?

PayPal was super fast resolving the dispute, all the money got refunded. I'm trying the SMS authentication step but the SMS are comming really slow, they expire before I type them in :D Does anyone had similar experience?
I had issues on Orange in the UK with SMS sometimes taking more than 5 minutes to come through. Not had any issues since moving to O2 though.

PayPal was super fast resolving the dispute, all the money got refunded. I'm trying the SMS authentication step but the SMS are comming really slow, they expire before I type them in :D Did anyone had similar experience?
I ordered the Verisign security authenticator from Paypal (normally $29.95 but they waived the fee for me). The card works like Google's authenticator but is actually an electronic credit card type device that generates the random codes which are required now before allowing a login to my account. I can also use it on eBay. You may want to look into this.

I ordered the Verisign security authenticator from Paypal (normally $29.95 but they waived the fee for me). The card works like Google's authenticator but is actually an electronic credit card type device that generates the random codes which are required now before allowing a login to my account. I can also use it on eBay. You may want to look into this.

Thanks for the information John, I'll look into it.(y)

Paypal is not a bank, and is not subject to the same scrutiny, vetting or regulation as Banks - nor are their employees.

Just sayin ;)

Paypal doesn't get hacked, your Windows PC does. It's that simple.

That's a naive statement. OS X is often the first OS breached at pwn2own contests, and such. There's no such thing as a magically secure operating system, and the attack surface only gets larger the moment you start installing things.

Paypal is not a bank, and is not subject to the same scrutiny, vetting or regulation as Banks - nor are their employees.

Just sayin ;)

PayPal is still considered a payment intermediary and is subjected to those regulations, including regulation e.

PayPal is still considered a payment intermediary and is subjected to those regulations, including regulation e.

Are they? Wow, how long for? They never used to be.

Glad to hear it anyway, it always worried me, still does truth be told, I don't even trust my own bank, least of all Paypal!

Are they? Wow, how long for? They never used to be.

Glad to hear it anyway, it always worried me, still does truth be told, I don't even trust my own bank, least of all Paypal!

I think they've always been regulated by regulation e, because they deal with electronic funds transfer.

There's nothing with paranoia. Just because someone isn't behind you doesn't mean you weren't followed.

eekout.gif

Top Bottom