Payment Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudeep

Hello,

Today we bought one XF license in name of indiasparks.

We had to try again and again for making payment. We had two International Valid Credit Cards (Visa) from different banks. Both were rejected by XF citing reason- " The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different debit or credit card number". We again tried with third Card which was successful.

However, we got aleart from Credit Card companies that $1 and Indian Rupees 1 were charged from our earlier two cards (which were rejected by system) by Paypal.

Now that we have made full payment through our third card, please someone advise on what account those $1 and IRS 1 were charged and if no account, how can that be refunded to us ?

Also please check why this system refusing payment from valid international cards. It will certainly irritate new customers.

Thanks.

I think (don't quote me on this) the $1 charges are probably paypal attempting to see if their is funds available.

They should be refunded within a few days. I'm pretty sure I have come across this myself before.

Exactly... I have ran into this before also, the make a charge attempt against the card and if rejected then you get an error on the payment processing. Have ran into it on some eBay purchases.

I think (don't quote me on this) the $1 charges are probably paypal attempting to see if their is funds available.

They should be refunded within a few days. I'm pretty sure I have come across this myself before.

Yes, it's standard practice. Merchants will attempt to charge minimal amount ($1) to validate the card account. It will show up under your card Temporary authorization or Pending transaction section. It will disappear when the full charge goes through.

Even if you don't buy anything and just simply add a new credit card to your account such as Amazon, Amazon will do this transaction as well.
There is nothing to do from the consumer part.

Please can you offer alternative payments to payal? I've had to close my account with them as I've moved from the UK to NZ. I've tried 4 cards with them to renew my license and I get numerous errors. unfortunately they seem unable to verify my address details.

Please please please offer google checkout or something that works outside the US and EU. I want to renew and I am stuck !!!

Being able to accept and the willingness to pay the exorbitant fees associated with merchant accounts are two different things. If credit cards were to be accepted, those merchant fees would be passed on to the customer with increased licensing fees.

Being able to accept and the willingness to pay the exorbitant fees associated with merchant accounts are two different things. If credit cards were to be accepted, those merchant fees would be passed on to the customer with increased licensing fees.

You are paying more or less the same whether you take payment via paypal or your own merchant account so it does not mean customers will pay more.

www.2checkout.com
  • No monthly fee
  • No quarterly fee
  • No annual fee
Fee collected is comparable to papal (in fact the more business you do, the more your fees go down, unlike paypal)

http://payments.amazon.com

• No monthly fee
  • No quarterly fee
  • No annual fee
  • Widely accepted world-wide (if you can shop Amazon, you can use this)
  • Fees comparable to paypal
Would you like more alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom