XF 2.0 Payment Gateways for XF2

Freud

I am wondering which payment methods are included in XF2; for example:
  • Paid memberships.
  • Paid downloads in the resources add-on.

There's two new frameworks in XF2 which are related.

The first is a concept of "purchasable" items. XF2 only supports a single purchasable type - user upgrades. So there's no changes there from XF1 (The resources are not "purchasable" items and we do not process payments directly, so this works the same as XF/RM 1.x).

The second is a framework for payment methods. By default these are the ones we support (first bullet level is the main payment provider, second bullet level is the different types of payment those providers support):
  • PayPal (same as XF1)
  • Stripe
    • Credit cards
    • Apple Pay
  • Braintree
    • Credit cards
    • PayPal
    • Apple Pay
  • 2Checkout
    • Credit cards
We may add more payment providers and purchasable types in the future but primarily the biggest improvement initially is a strong underlying framework for add-on developers to use in their own add-ons.

It's also worth mentioning that adding new "purchasable" types (e.g. things like paid resources) is infinity % easier than in XF1. Since multiple payment processor support is built into XF2, we also don't need to worry about things like "does the user have Paygates installed or not" when displaying purchase options.

As a developer, the experience is just vastly more enjoyable.

The point I'm trying to make is that I expect there to be dozens of new Purchasable types (including the ones mentioned in the OP) either on launch or shortly after launch :)

Fillip

Last edited:
Yippie!

I was using paygates for stripe payments. I am missing the AliPay for Chinese Users, Paypal and bitCoin. I'd like to have these going as soon XF2.0 goes release. Anyone willing to mod them?

Top Bottom