[Paying] For site maintenance

iFullyPro

So here is the background. I updated the site www.synapsehlp.com to XenForo 1.2 so I could use batch delete on a whack load of spammers. Unfortunately this upgrade caused some malfunctions.

Some of the malfunctions include:
- Login vertical stretch
- Rating posts are duplicated
- Textures in profile options are broken
- Site seems somewhat "zoomed in"
- Homepage is not accessible (the site is using the forums as the homepage for some reason)
- Forum reply box is screwy. Options are no longer present. Box gets larger as you type.

Besides these there are a few others things that need tending to. I'd be willing to pay for this to be done.

If you wish to make an offer and/or visit the site yourself, contact me on Skype through "iFullyPro".

Here is the site URL...

www.synapsehlp.com

So here is the background. I updated the site www.synapsehlp.com to XenForo 1.2 so I could use batch delete on a whack load of spammers. Unfortunately this upgrade caused some malfunctions.

Some of the malfunctions include:
- Login vertical stretch
- Rating posts are duplicated
- Textures in profile options are broken
- Site seems somewhat "zoomed in"
- Homepage is not accessible (the site is using the forums as the homepage for some reason)
- Forum reply box is screwy. Options are no longer present. Box gets larger as you type.

Besides these there are a few others things that need tending to. I'd be willing to pay for this to be done.

If you wish to make an offer and/or visit the site yourself, contact me on Skype through "iFullyPro".

Here is the site URL...

www.synapsehlp.com

Hi iFullyPro,

Has the style that you are using been properly updated for 1.2? Have you updated any of the add ons so that they work with 1.2?

If you would like me to help you in some way, feel free to drop me a private message. :)

Looks as though some maintenance does need to be done.

Just from looking around, this indicates that your custom style hasn't been updated.

BYoZ0iC.png

I agree. The custom theme that the OP is using does not seem to be compatible with the 1.2.x series.

I agree. The custom theme that the OP is using does not seem to be compatible with the 1.2.x series.
Just from looking around, this indicates that your custom style hasn't been updated.

Question ... would there be a way of knowing your custom style will not work when Xenforo gets updates ?
The way I see it possibly working would be ... when Xenforo releases a new version ... they could provide what the style changes are ... and I could use that data to query my own style to see what might not work.

Is that just a pie in the sky idea ?

3rd point releases should be trivial to 'support'. 2nd point releases are where you'll want to verify and update them before you upgrade since they usually have the most significant template changes. However, depending on template edits and style property changes, its still relatively easy for a style to support 2nd point releases with trivial changes.

Top Bottom