Add-on Pay per Post

ekempter

I'm looking for a Pay for Post add-on where registered users pay a set $ amount (via Paypal) to create a new thread in a specific category. I can't image that no one has created something like this.

Same here. I am searching for this one too for years now.. Have you found something useful yet, ekampter?

Same here. I am searching for this one too for years now.. Have you found something useful yet, ekampter?
Can't you just use the user upgrade system and user group permissions to do this?

Unless you want strict "pay per post". Maybe a points system like DragonByte Credits will work. Members can buy points using PayPal and you can create an event where you charge the member a specific amount of credits to make a post/thread.

You'll need to try out the demo first to know it's for you btw.

Can't you just use the user upgrade system and user group permissions to do this?

Nope. For example: when you try to realize something like a job board the upgrade system is completly useless as you wanna charge for each (or an amount) of job listings. You don´t want to have a time based user upgrade because you can´t limit, how many listings a user can create. Just imagine: your idea is to offer listings for $5 each or bundles like 5 listings/$20 aso. Impossible to do with the paid subscription model as - even with just a "1-day-upgrade" - the user can post as many listings as he is physically able to type. That way anything you wanna charge on creation limits per thread becomes dead on arrival. Marketplaces, Link-Directories or better listings of any kind you try to monetize.

Unless you want strict "pay per post". Maybe a points system like DragonByte Credits will work. Members can buy points using PayPal and you can create an event where you charge the member a specific amount of credits to make a post/thread.

A credit/point system may be a good addition in some situations. Our experience shows, that companies don´t wanna follow you that way, as they urge to have it straight forward: veni, vedi, bought & left. They don´t want to have something that is making things more complicate as it should (or only looks & feels like that).

Unfortunaly none of them. There was one for vBulletin but the authors don´t plan to port them to xenforo.

i would like to se simple add on with option and permission per forum, then option for paypal in padding menu with currency and how much pay per post, 5,10,20,50,100,1000 etc

@Sperber In that case I'm willing to go ahead and make this myself, I'll PM you with questions about the use case.

Don't you need a process flow before you can develop this?
Which version of Xenforo would this add-on be compatible with?
Would Paypal be the payment engine? Having a well integrated payment process is ideal. I commissioned this add-on for Vbulletin and while the process works, it is not as smooth as I would like it.
On my forum, job ads are posted in one forum and you can not buy more than one at a time.
Does Xenforo have a post expiration feature where a post is removed or moved to a hidden forum after being visible for 30 days?

Funny, Bobs Showcase was the same thing I had in mind.

Well as I mentioned to you, I did receive permission from Bob to receive a copy of that addon for dev purposes from you, which would allow me to have a look at what work would be involved.

Top Bottom