1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Volion, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Volion

Volion Active Member

One of the best "free to play" action RPG games on Steam. If you like Diablo, Titan Quest or Grim Dawn type of games definitely give this a try.

The world is massive, the gameplay and story are excellent. The graphics are superb.

It also has the skill tree to end all skill trees. :D And item customization is endless.

I'm playing as level 72 Templar named "Vowell", look me up if your on. We also have a 200 slot GameVox server open to all.

Please feel free to use the service for all your gaming and voice chat needs, enjoy.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

..I remember being addicted to it when it was in Beta, it's a good game
    Volion likes this.
  3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

It's an okay game, but I found it to be lackluster and not quite as good as Diablo II (much better than D3 though).

I might give it another try when I have some spare time, but that probably won't be for a while.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

very good game, yes

79 marauder
    Volion likes this.
  5. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

*installs* Curse you all! :p
    Volion likes this.
  6. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

It's what Diablo 3 should have been. There is nothing that is particularly bad about it, everything is quite good really.

Yet, I can't seem to keep my interest, unfortunately.
  7. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

A good offline type game for Diablo 2/3 and Path of exile fans, is Torchlight
    I found that to be a LOT of fun.
    And it was easyish to modify, too
    I recorded some ingame videos of Torchlight 2 -
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  8. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

I liked Diablo II, not so much Diablo III though. I'm willing to give this a try. Is there a decent character creation or do you just pick preset characters? Are there multiple servers, which one are you in?
  9. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I love the changes to D3 and really looking forward the expansion launch on Tuesday. Game is a all new game now with the AH removed and the drops being much much better now.

Anyway, back on topic, is this multi player online or is it all single player or vs one other person type?
  10. Volion

Volion Active Member

I'm playing on Standard League, US server. As for characters, you just pick the base class/race/sex, and customize in game with skins/gear. :)

It's single or multiplayer, online. They also have custom Leagues and PvP.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I played it when it first came out, it was fun and a nice change from Diablo.

Re-installing at the moment to give it another shot
    Volion likes this.
  12. xIsabel38

I just finished installing it myself. I'll give it a try.

D3 is one I never got into. I bought it when it came out. played it and just couldn't seem to like it much.
  13. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Guys, stop talking about Path..of..exile, please, I really don't want to have to become addicted to it again!........*twitches*
    lol, now, what was my password.
    Apparently I'm a level 23 Templar, woo!
  14. xIsabel38

Well I'm a level 3 or 4 ranger so yeah!

Oh what are the difference in the leagues? I noticed when logging in that I was a part of the Ambush League, there are other options here too.
  15. Volion

Volion Active Member

16. xIsabel38

In that case, I'm recreating to Hardcore League! Whose with me!?
  17. xIsabel38

Well, beat it! That last guy Dominos or whatever.. yeah not fun at all.
  18. Volion

Volion Active Member

That fight is real interesting on Merciless, bring friends. So did you finish on hardcore, or are you now in standard? ;)
    xIsabel38 likes this.
  19. xIsabel38

Haha! Standard! I died in Hardcore at level 15 due to some douchebag freezing me over and over!

I want to restart now on Hardcore but I don't know how people would get past that last fight. I think I died like 15 times to him.
  20. Volion

Volion Active Member

Resistances. I would recommend leveling up to merciless, the end game maps can be very challenging, and rewarding.