Password Requirements [Paid] [Deleted]

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Password Requirements - Passwords matter...

This add-on allows you set requirements for passwords created by your users. It also allows you to force individual users, or all users, to change their passwords.

The requirements available are:
  • Maximum password age (must change password after x days)
  • Minimum password age (can't change password until x days have passed)
  • Minimum & maximum password length
  • Password regex (advanced password rules)
  • Windows password complexity requirements match
The windows password...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Liam,

Considering getting this. I have two questions?

1) What does the windows password requirements relate to exactly? What exactly are the requirements?
2) Does this consider not allowing users to use a password they have used before? Would this be something you are already planning for this add on?

1) What does the windows password requirements relate to exactly? What exactly are the requirements?

At least 8 characters
At least one number
At least one uppercase letter
Doesn't contain username

2) Does this consider not allowing users to use a password they have used before? Would this be something you are already planning for this add on?

I'm planning it, however figuring out how to store the old passwords is a pain. I'll try and work on it this week.

Liam

Hi Liam,

Considering getting this. I have two questions?

The latest update adds password history :)

Liam

What is XenForo's default Maximum Password length, and what does this add-on allow for a declared maximum amount?

Could also add a blacklist for passwords people can't use, and allow imports via text files (so import common passwords e.g. password, 123456 and not allow those).

What is XenForo's default Maximum Password length, and what does this add-on allow for a declared maximum amount?

I don't believe there is an upper limit, as the password hash is stored in a binary field in the database.

Could also add a blacklist for passwords people can't use, and allow imports via text files (so import common passwords e.g. password, 123456 and not allow those).

I am currently working on this :)

Liam

Last edited:
I seem to be getting this error for a lot of users since installing this addon. I did import my forums from an old phpbb3 board. XenForo_Exception: Cannot generate authentication for this type. - library/XenForo/Authentication/PhpBb3.php:33

@Liam W

Liam W updated Password Requirements with a new update entry:

Feature Update & Bug Fix

Feature Update

New option to force reset a user or all users' passwords.

Force reset is different to force change in that a reset will log the user out and require them to manually request a password reset email to change their password before they can log back in.

There is an option to automatically send the reset email when the password is reset.

Bug Fix

This also fixes a possible bug that may have stopped people registering if doing so via an...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom