1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password Authentication Schemes

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by yoghurtfarmer, Oct 6, 2010.

1. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

Now that I look at the database I see how there's a "XenForo_Authentication_vBulletin"

Where can I modify this?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. There's a folder called Authentication, go figure.

Now I see I can create my own authentication scheme easily by modifying an existing one.

The problem would be setting them per user.

A temporary fix for those importing from another software using vBulletin as an intermediate would be to modify vBulletin.php directly.

I don't think there is an AdminCP option to do this. I assume this is planned but not in the beta?

2. yoghurtfarmer

Perhaps someone that actually knows how to code can help me out.

I am trying to get SMF passwords to work, they authenticate by sha1(strtolower($user) . $password)

My test data uses an SMF database imported via Impex to vBulletin, normally Impex would store the imported password as: md5(md5(sha1(strtolower($user) . $password)) . salt)

However, I managed to modify it so that the passwords are kept as sha1(strtolower($user) . $password)

Is there a way to modify /library/Xenforo/Authentication/vBulletin.php to accept sha1(strtolower($user) . $password)?

I also notice in the xF database in the xf_user_authenticate table, there's a remember_key column. What is this?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

3. yoghurtfarmer