Parse Error message

Craig

Received the following error;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Admin.php on line 119

That is a file problem. You should re-upload the original files again, overwriting the existing files. Something must have gone wrong during the original upload. The default files shouldn't have syntax errors.

I redownloaded beta version 5. sent it back over to my server, and again i received the following message;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Admin.php on line 119

is there a way I can uninstall it all and start over?

You could delete all the files from the server and drop the tables from the database or delete the database and create a new one.

The problem you're encountering though seems to indicate a problem with the files but it seems odd that you've experienced it twice now.
Are you sure everything is FTPing correctly?

Make sure you are uploading the files to the same location as the old files, thereby overwriting the old files. And look for any upload errors in your FTP client. FileZilla has a Failed transfers tab at the bottom.

You can also try uploading just the file that is named in the error message:

/home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Admin.php

It's the same process. Upload the original files and then run the install again.

You could delete all the files from the server and drop the tables from the database or delete the database and create a new one.

The problem you're encountering though seems to indicate a problem with the files but it seems odd that you've experienced it twice now.
Are you sure everything is FTPing correctly?

i am such a novice i doubt i would know.

The program i use to upload is called Core FTP

Top Bottom