Parental control for internet (help)

x4rl

So my lad has been watching crazy **** on youtube its time I got something to stop this

Anyone done this?
Anyone have an ideas on the best software ways to do this?

Cheers

Windows Liva family safety is great, my dad uses it on me :P
Sometimes it blocks random sites for no reasons, but you can allow them manually. But it does block all 'crazy ****' as you say :P

Windows Liva family safety is great, my dad uses it on me :p
Sometimes it blocks random sites for no reasons, but you can allow them manually. But it does block all 'crazy ****' as you say :p
You can view videos with "swearing in?"
And thanks

Are you asking if you can view videos with swearing in them?
Or are you asking about the president's inauguration?

Ah, well I'm not sure about that one. I know it does restrict what you watch on youtube, so you can probably tighten that, or just completely block the site if you wanted to.

You're probably going to have to end up blocking youtube as videos with swearing aren't considered adult content so there is no way to limit viewing of them (at least as far as I know).

You're probably going to have to end up blocking youtube as videos with swearing aren't considered adult content so there is no way to limit viewing of them (at least as far as I know).
I thought they might of been "something"
Cheers tho

I don't think there is anything to block any youtube video that contains swearing. You can use OpenDNS to block certain websites and/or categories though.

Just out of curiosity, what's the problem with swearing? Whatever it is, blocking YouTube won't address it.
These days kids swear in kindergarden. Technology is no substitute for parenting.

So my lad has been watching crazy **** on youtube its time I got something to stop this

Anyone done this?
Anyone have an ideas on the best software ways to do this?

Cheers

Whats he looking at, if you dont want to buy any software you can allways block youtube using the windows file - hosts its inside "Windows\System32\drivers\etc" on windows 7 think it would be same for other windows OS.

Just out of curiosity, what's the problem with swearing? Whatever it is, blocking YouTube won't address it.
These days kids swear in kindergarden. Technology is no substitute for parenting.
Maybe do where you are but I don't want my "6 year old" son picking up foul language... just yet. I don't wish to block the whole site as he loves videos.

Whats he looking at, if you dont want to buy any software you can allways block youtube using the windows file - hosts its inside "Windows\System32\drivers\etc" on windows 7 think it would be same for other windows OS.
Aye but like above I don't want to block the hole site which 127 hosts would.

Top Bottom