Paradox Interactive converts to XenForo

Are they seriously not going to get a custom theme made?

I mean, it's great that they moved to XF, but tweaking the colours instead of getting a real custom theme made, for a company of their size makes them look pretty stingy.

They've not even tried to make it look like the main site.

I'm guessing they're customizing Xenforo's code, as there's an odd issue I just noticed when viewing a subforum, I couldn't use the back button to go back, it just refreshed the same page.

It's nice to see big companies switch and stuff but it looks like they put minimal effort into it. They hardly customized the theme (and it looks worse, not better). They didn't integrate with the main site at all, and they ended up with this url structure: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/paradox-general-discussion.518/ (note they didn't even use the friendly url system).

Horrible lightbox for 'new user' 'existing user'. As a casual viewer I would have left and not bothered at all after clicking both and finding you had to either register and enter details except that you can just click outside of the modal and then browse as normal.

I guess it generally works for getting sign ups though. 3/4M users and nearly 19M posts shows they're doing something right!

Horrible lightbox for 'new user' 'existing user'. As a casual viewer I would have left and not bothered at all after clicking both and finding you had to either register and enter details except that you can just click outside of the modal and then browse as normal.

I guess it generally works for getting sign ups though. 3/4M users and nearly 19M posts shows they're doing something right!
I think it is a one-time thing to take care of the old VB users but I do think it is horrible UX.

It's nice to see big companies switch and stuff but it looks like they put minimal effort into it. They hardly customized the theme (and it looks worse, not better). They didn't integrate with the main site at all, and they ended up with this url structure: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/paradox-general-discussion.518/ (note they didn't even use the friendly url system).
Yikes, only just noticed that.

Top Bottom