Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (Old school MMORPG)

Whatley187

765508720ed5503a3ccd3da5e2e475e8.jpg

Any original EverQuest fans out there? Brad McQuaid (the guy who made EQ1) is Kickstarting his new MMO Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. It's going to be a niche game targeted towards the old school crowd, pretty hardcore. It will also share a few similarities with Vanguard, but it will be much closer to EverQuest 1. If any of you are interested hit up his Kickstarter and back it!

Hmm. Watching the interviews... the game seems more "desired" than "inspired." When it comes to new MMOs I tend to look at gameplay mechanics. If there is nothing notable in that regard then it's just another MMO. That's why EQN excites me is because of the mechanics like destructible environments and smart AI. I don't mean to hijack the thread though.

I love that he is targetting the old skool. He is clearly going to make a game that is difficult and rewarding, as opposed to most modern games which are almost medicating.

Hmm. Watching the interviews... the game seems more "desired" than "inspired." When it comes to new MMOs I tend to look at gameplay mechanics. If there is nothing notable in that regard then it's just another MMO. That's why EQN excites me is because of the mechanics like destructible environments and smart AI. I don't mean to hijack the thread though.

I love that he is targetting the old skool. He is clearly going to make a game that is difficult and rewarding, as opposed to most modern games which are almost medicating.

Yea, i follow EverQuest Next as well (my main site is for that), and I agree that between Storybricks, voxels, and the overall sandbox approach will make for a very refreshing MMO.

Pantheon on the other hand is going in a much different direction. No desire to be for the masses, just a niche MMO targeting players who desire that old school EverQuest type of game. I will play both for sure, but Pantheon is targeting a crowd that has been all but forgotten about which is nice.

Weekly video discussion #5. This one is about travel:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Development on hold until investors can be found:

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/blogs/355/91/pantheon-s-financial-situation

In the past few months we have seen some of the most passion bubble up from the Internet than we have in some time; all for an idea of a game we all want to see happen. It has been an exciting time for all of us.

Over the first month of development through crowdfunding, we’ve been able to achieve what was needed to be done in order to gain investor interest. That is, we’ve shown there is interest in a game like Pantheon, we’ve built the term sheets and business plan, and now have a prototype we can show to potential investors.

The downside now is that our initial resources have depleted, which regrettably means that development is going to slow down until finances can be secured. It’s not something we want to do by any means, but as we cannot guarantee paychecks to the team, they each need to be able to spend time on other things to pay the bills.

Once we’re able to get that level of funding we can then secure much-needed studio space and be able to pick up the pace of production dramatically. We are deeply thankful to this community for getting Pantheon to this critical point, where we have been able to put together an attractive package to present to potential investors.

In the interim, any donations made at this point until further notice will be going directly to maintaining the website during this phase, and not towards development.

I have followed some interviews since development was put on hold.

Brad is using the demo to try to get investors. He says he will produce a video of this demo for public consumption soon.

There is some discontent over how much the devs got paid for their work. There is talk of the devs splitting off and making a different game with a smaller scope than a MMO.

Brad has recruited some people from the community and is continuing development that way.

Some videos have been uploaded:

Top Bottom