1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (Old school MMORPG)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Whatley187, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Whatley187

Whatley187 Active Member

Any original EverQuest fans out there? Brad McQuaid (the guy who made EQ1) is Kickstarting his new MMO Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. It's going to be a niche game targeted towards the old school crowd, pretty hardcore. It will also share a few similarities with Vanguard, but it will be much closer to EverQuest 1. If any of you are interested hit up his Kickstarter and back it!
    Volion likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hmm. Watching the interviews... the game seems more "desired" than "inspired." When it comes to new MMOs I tend to look at gameplay mechanics. If there is nothing notable in that regard then it's just another MMO. That's why EQN excites me is because of the mechanics like destructible environments and smart AI. I don't mean to hijack the thread though.

I love that he is targetting the old skool. He is clearly going to make a game that is difficult and rewarding, as opposed to most modern games which are almost medicating.
    Aayush likes this.
  3. Whatley187

Whatley187 Active Member

Yea, i follow EverQuest Next as well (my main site is for that), and I agree that between Storybricks, voxels, and the overall sandbox approach will make for a very refreshing MMO.

Pantheon on the other hand is going in a much different direction. No desire to be for the masses, just a niche MMO targeting players who desire that old school EverQuest type of game. I will play both for sure, but Pantheon is targeting a crowd that has been all but forgotten about which is nice.
  4. Jake Bunce

5. cowboypudding

cowboypudding Member

I want a game that has the mechanics of Tibia and 3D graphics. Sick of these tharr wow clones that are as borin as pokipseee
  6. Jake Bunce

Kickstarter went $460k out of $800k, not enough to be funded. So they have opened up funding on their own site:

They are also approaching investors directly.

Kickstarter didn't work out for them, but they are moving forward.
  7. Jake Bunce

Weekly video discussion #5. This one is about travel:

8. Jake Bunce

Development on hold until investors can be found:

9. Jake Bunce

I have followed some interviews since development was put on hold.

Brad is using the demo to try to get investors. He says he will produce a video of this demo for public consumption soon.

There is some discontent over how much the devs got paid for their work. There is talk of the devs splitting off and making a different game with a smaller scope than a MMO.
  10. Jake Bunce

Brad has recruited some people from the community and is continuing development that way.

Some videos have been uploaded: