Pandora - An RP Forum

Gossamer

So, I've come to realize I've been here for a decent amount of time now and completely failed to put up my board for showcase/critique here. Pandora is a pan-fandom roleplay forum (basically we rp using characters from various movies/tv shows/comics/etc.)

http://pandorarp.com/

Our theme is a custom one originally created for jcink (where we moved from), and was recreated for the XenForo board with permission of the original theme designer. The theme is, unfortunately, not responsive. But our head admin has been wanting a new style recently, so I definitely plan to fix that for the next one.

I've done a few custom features for the board, with the most prominent being our character reservation system (we used to track this all in a massive google doc, and it was painful XD). It tracks current and recently expired reserves, as well as clears them out automatically about a week or so after they have expired. Every time a reservation is made or extended, it also sends an alert to our Application Review team.
fe99994a167873e1709ea5ed160a5b1c.png

But yeah, for an rp forum we have a pretty large and active community. We've been around for about 5 years now, though we've only been using XenForo for the past 2.

XenForo was an amazing improvement for us. Our community was a little iffy about the move at first (the corner of the internet we most draw our roleplayers from tend to be very set in their ways and the forum hosts they'll play on -- mainly jcink/IF/proboards), but everyone adores the site we have now and all it's features.

Couldn't have done it without all the amazing support here and everyone's hard work.

Looks great. (y)

I like how you feature random members in your header, it's a nice touch:
upload_2015-5-27_22-27-18.webp

I like how you've done the postbits. It seems roleplayers can customise this to be quite true to their character:
upload_2015-5-27_22-30-48.webp

My only critique is I notice you've disabled the responsive features of XenForo. I realise mobile users may not be your main target audience in this case, but it might be worth looking into as I can imagine some members might want to read a given roleplay on the go and reply later on a desktop/laptop.

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, I strive to make each area of the board as roleplayer friendly/customized as possible.

My only critique is I notice you've disabled the responsive features of XenForo. I realise mobile users may not be your main target audience in this case, but it might be worth looking into as I can imagine some members might want to read a given roleplay on the go and reply later on a desktop/laptop.
Once we get around to doing our next theme, I definitely plan to fix this.

We actually made this theme before responsive themes were standard for XF, and it was just too much of a pain to update since the one we have now was so customized. Just turning on responsive design now cause the theme to becomes soooo broken. :p

Just released a new theme for Pandora last week! It's based off of Audentio's UI.X Dark, the overall design/color scheme was done by one of our members and I edited UI.X to match the design.

I still have a bunch of things I need to tweak. I find new ones every day. But otherwise we're quite happy with it.

Top Bottom