Add-on [Paid] Thanks Mod

Alex

I know there is already a Like system built into xF (which we will be using), but we'd also like to have a 'Thanks' system in place. The reason being is that liking posts is fine, but if one of our members helps another with a technical query a 'Thanks' is more appropriate and can then also reflect on the technical abilty of the member, so others know they can trust (more) advice given by a member with lots of 'Thanks' as we'd only run it in technical forums.

I think that makes sense as it's late here (or early depending on your take :))

As this doen't seem to be a widely wanted mod I'm willing to pay to have this coded for us.

I've not installed my copy of xf yet but I assume it's phrased so you can just change "likes this." to "thanked this."

?

Yes you probably can. but that's not what I'm after, I want to use the Like system as a like system, but also have a thanks system to show technical knowledge, this is what we use it for currently on our vb installation

I can see your point but for the majority of people there'd be no difference between the Like and Thank functionality which makes it a bit tricky to see how they'd be separate.

I know the majority won't need or want this, which is why i posted it as a mod suggestion rather than a feature suggestion, if need be I'll pay to get it coded eventually, but thought there may be others which would want the additional functionality :)

Bump, now looking to pay to have this coded, so any coders interested in coding this let me know :)

Still looking to get this created, and developers interested in doing this msg me a cost

I have to say that I think most sites will have enough of the Like button. Maybe it's why nobody has created a Thanks mod yet.

The like is the same as thanks, you thank someone for a useful/entertaining/whatever post and use like for the same reason. Wouldn't it create confusion if there was 'like' and thanks?

Yeah I guessed as much, this is why I'm willing to pay to have it created as it would be extremely useful for our forum

The like is the same as thanks, you thank someone for a useful/entertaining/whatever post and use like for the same reason. Wouldn't it create confusion if there was 'like' and thanks?

Not really as we would remove the like option from threads in certain forums if it caused confusion. We mainly want it so that we can show members who give good/usefull technical advice in our technical forums, where we'd want to keep the like system so we can have it in other forums which aren't technical related. This is why we have the need for 2 systems.

I'm willing to kick in a little cash to get this created as well.

Basically, the idea would be to have different custom "thanks/likes" per forum. So in one forum you could enable the multiple things. On another forum using another mod, I setup my applications section for "approved, Denied, In Process" etc, so I could get a status of threads and they were easily changeable. For that, you could use thread prefixes, but the point is, there are multiple uses for this per website and per forum on the website.

Maybe, but would need a lot of tweaking, prob be easier to create the thanks mod than tweak that so that it does what we need

Top Bottom