Lack of interest Paid Subscriptions - make them easier!

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

James

OK, so in vBulletin (as you know) if we want to set up paid subscription options we have to set them up one-by-one.

I have 4 or 5 subscriptions that are all using exactly the same options (just different usergroups), but I had to set them up individually. In an ideal world, I could've set all of them up at once because they have the same options.

Will this be possible in XF? I sure hope so!

EDIT: Ricky saves the day...
Maybe the ability to create a parent sub that has the features your wanting, then make children of it were you can say what usergroups it maps to and set a name for the sub.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do you mean like checkboxes for individual more specific options but basically the same "Subscription" since it's all under the same umbrella?

Nothing beats screenshots.

14ge.jpg

Basically, as they all use the same options I would like to have created the subscriptions at once (perhaps tick a bunch of usergroups you want to set the subscription for then set the options).

Nothing beats screenshots.

14ge.jpg

Basically, as they all use the same options I would like to have created the subscriptions at once (perhaps tick a bunch of usergroups you want to set the subscription for then set the options).
Yeo, i think a proper hierarchy is in order, but without first seeing the paid subscriptions system i can't say how it is.

I'm sort of confused as to what is complex about setting them up. Given that it's a one off and shouldn't be manipulated too much, I don't see it saving much time.

We used to have duplicate paid subscriptions a lot until I got sick of it and just created a plugin to change the default usergroup.

I would just like to be able to set multiple subscriptions up faster (i.e. not having to set them up one at a time if they're using exactly the same options).

Maybe the ability to create a parent sub that has the features your wanting, then make children of it were you can say what usergroups it maps to and set a name for the sub. You could group them together to by parent. The parent would have the facilities to set pricing, special permissions etc.. children would map the usergroups that would be considered apart of this subscription, and give the subscription a name.

Maybe the ability to create a parent sub that has the features your wanting, then make children of it were you can say what usergroups it maps to and set a name for the sub.
Thanks for suggesting an awesome way of doing it!
Parent subscription... I like it.

I think a simple(which some features do have this ability on vb) is Create new paid subscription from NAMEOFEXISTINGSUBHERE,

It would copy over the exact permissions/settings but you can change as pleased.

Personally this isn't something that needs to be done on a daily basis so this could just be a feature request out of sheer laziness. I for one don't mind spending time making 5 different subscriptions even if they're the same because in the end they don't take long to do.

Top Bottom