1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Paid Subscriptions - make them easier!

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by James, Aug 21, 2010.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

OK, so in vBulletin (as you know) if we want to set up paid subscription options we have to set them up one-by-one.

I have 4 or 5 subscriptions that are all using exactly the same options (just different usergroups), but I had to set them up individually. In an ideal world, I could've set all of them up at once because they have the same options.

Will this be possible in XF? I sure hope so!

EDIT: Ricky saves the day...

2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Do you mean like checkboxes for individual more specific options but basically the same "Subscription" since it's all under the same umbrella?

3. James

James Well-Known Member

Nothing beats screenshots.

[​IMG]

Basically, as they all use the same options I would like to have created the subscriptions at once (perhaps tick a bunch of usergroups you want to set the subscription for then set the options).

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Yeo, i think a proper hierarchy is in order, but without first seeing the paid subscriptions system i can't say how it is.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm sort of confused as to what is complex about setting them up. Given that it's a one off and shouldn't be manipulated too much, I don't see it saving much time.

6. James

James Well-Known Member

We used to have duplicate paid subscriptions a lot until I got sick of it and just created a plugin to change the default usergroup.

I would just like to be able to set multiple subscriptions up faster (i.e. not having to set them up one at a time if they're using exactly the same options).

7. Rickey Otano

Rickey Otano New Member

Maybe the ability to create a parent sub that has the features your wanting, then make children of it were you can say what usergroups it maps to and set a name for the sub. You could group them together to by parent. The parent would have the facilities to set pricing, special permissions etc.. children would map the usergroups that would be considered apart of this subscription, and give the subscription a name.

James likes this.
  8. James

James Well-Known Member

Thanks for suggesting an awesome way of doing it!
    Parent subscription... I like it.

9. Rickey Otano

Rickey Otano New Member

Welcome ideas to make the software as feature rich and easy to use as possible

10. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

That;s basically what i said,

A nice hierarchy with proper inheritance where the child subscriptions inherits the permissions of the parent etc.

James likes this.
  11. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I think a simple(which some features do have this ability on vb) is Create new paid subscription from NAMEOFEXISTINGSUBHERE,

It would copy over the exact permissions/settings but you can change as pleased.

Personally this isn't something that needs to be done on a daily basis so this could just be a feature request out of sheer laziness. I for one don't mind spending time making 5 different subscriptions even if they're the same because in the end they don't take long to do.

cheeseshredder likes this.