I’m looking for a subaccounts add-on. Now, I know there’s an Account Switcher add-on and I do have it installed at the moment. However, I’m looking for something a bit more robust to replace it with. Especially since my members can have as many as 11 accounts, and juggling all the different emails for those (especially for those who like to get email notifications) isn’t very user-friendly to my average member. It’s a rolelaying community, and we have separate accounts for every character a player writes.
Essentially, I’m looking for an add-on that will allow a user to create child accounts to their primary account. All of their child accounts would be associated with that parent account, and use that parent account’s email. However, members can only log in using their parent account. They can never log into the forum using a child account.
I’ve used a similar mod extensively on SMF and it is also available on jcink. I would love to see something similar developed for Xenforo.
These are the basic features I’m looking for:
- A subaccounts manager in the account profile
- The ability to add/link a new subaccount to a parent account
- By entering the username and password of the existing account you want to link OR
- by creating a brand new subaccount from nothing, thus bypassing the requirement to create a new regular account first that would require a unique email address
- The ability to unlink a subaccount and turn it back into a normal/parent account (this would require the member to give that account a unique email address again)
- The ability to delete a subaccount
- A dropdown that lets someone switch between their parent and subaccounts.
- List of an account’s subaccounts located on their profile or on the member list.
- Permissions to control which usergroups are allowed to add/link/delete subaccounts
These are things I’d like to have, but can live without. Or wait for an update.
- The ability to choose which account a post is authored by when editing or adding a new post. This could be a dropdown menu on the post editor page.
- The ability to edit any post that is made by one of your linked accounts. For example, if you make a post with subaccount A, you can go back and edit that post with subaccount B or the parent account.