Paid request: Simple Forms extension - Player Ratings

Case

Using the excellent Simple Forms Add-On we allow users to submit a rating of 1-10 on players in a game. This is basic though and just gives us a list of usernames and their ratings for each player.

I'd like to extend this so that we have a page that collates the data submitted so we can look at average ratings for the season for each player, overall team rating etc.

Start a conversation if you're interested.

Thanks

Alternatively, if there is an add-on out there that already does something like this, please let me know.

I did this with simple forms too, and using the data simple forms stores you can create any stats you want for display - averages, top rankings, averagea over x last games, most MOTM awards... all the data you need is held in SF. I actually took it down off my site because the maintenance week to week of setting up the forms was a little too much - had to create a new form each week. If SF allowed you to put all fields in a form and just quickly select which ones to show and 'save form as', plus automatically updated the post output to only show the selected fields when outputting to a thread, it would be perfect for the job, but as it stands it is just too much headroom.

This needs a dedicated add on - select players from a list - standard ratings options pre configured - standard output for results - standard form entry.

I did this with simple forms too, and using the data simple forms stores you can create any stats you want for display - averages, top rankings, averagea over x last games, most MOTM awards... all the data you need is held in SF. I actually took it down off my site because the maintenance week to week of setting up the forms was a little too much - had to create a new form each week. If SF allowed you to put all fields in a form and just quickly select which ones to show and 'save form as', plus automatically updated the post output to only show the selected fields when outputting to a thread, it would be perfect for the job, but as it stands it is just too much headroom.

This needs a dedicated add on - select players from a list - standard ratings options pre configured - standard output for results - standard form entry.
Yea, a dedicated add-on would be great. I know @Bob B created an amazing player rating add-on but it was a custom job for someone. I did contact them about releasing it but they didn't seem interested.

Reactions: Bob
I too would be interested in something like this. There are quite a few sports websites that would love such an addon. Wish @Bob B could work on it but hes busy.

I will contact some devs to see if they are interested in such a project. Please provide a list of features you guys want if possible.

Reactions: Bob
@jayramfootball, @Case @thefreekick @Jeff Fuqua @Moses @RobParker and others who may be interested.
Just an update. I have a developer who will start working on this soon.

- It will be able to be configurable to ensure that the addon can be used in a variety of sports forums. i.e. the number of players to rate. Rating the coach will be an option that can be turned on or off.
- It will have many of the features found on the Player Ratings System created by @Bob B.
- It will work off Bob's excellent showcase addon. Basically what this means is that player profiles will need to be captured through that addon. Look at how we customised the showcase addon via the options to be a player profile system (http://www.nzwarriors.com/player-profiles/)
- Another tab will be created (permissions driven) to show the ratings of past matches. All references of the player in the player ratings will link to the player profile. Photos next to ratings will get the thumbnail off the player profile etc.

Other Potential Features:
- A standings table to be created of all teams (with for and against)
- Graphing(line chart) of player ratings for a player throughout the season
- Fixture/Results List of all games played. Clicking on it will bring up the ratings for the players who played in that game.

If you are still interested drop me a line and we can put our features into the addon as well as share the eventual costs.

Last edited:
@jayramfootball, @Case @thefreekick @Jeff Fuqua @Moses @RobParker and others who may be interested.
Just an update. I have a developer who will start working on this soon.

- It will be able to be configurable to ensure that the addon can be used in a variety of sports forums. i.e. the number of players to rate. Rating the coach will be an option that can be turned on or off.
- It will have many of the features found on the Player Ratings System created by @Bob B.
- It will work off Bob's excellent showcase addon. Basically what this means is that player profiles will need to be captured through that addon. Look at how we customised the showcase addon via the options to be a player profile system (http://www.nzwarriors.com/player-profiles/)
- Another tab will be created (permissions driven) to show the ratings of past matches. All references of the player in the player ratings will link to the player profile. Photos next to ratings will get the thumbnail off the player profile etc.

Other Potential Features:
- A standings table to be created of all teams (with for and against)
- Graphing(line chart) of player ratings for a player throughout the season
- Fixture/Results List of all games played. Clicking on it will bring up the ratings for the players who played in that game.

If you are still interested drop me a line and we can put our features into the addon as well as share the eventual costs.

Interesting - one thing you missed (unless I missed it in your post!) is the member analysis/history of ratings given...

Interesting - one thing you missed (unless I missed it in your post!) is the member analysis/history of ratings given...
Yes that will be in there (part of the plan).

Other proposed features:
- Another proposed feature is to have a widget renderers for:
0 Top Rated Player on the sidebar (images from showcase item).
o Ave player ratings for last completed match (thumbnails from showcase)
- Top rated player of each game gets given 'Man of the Match' title. When you go into the player profiles, you will be able to see all the games he was 'man of the match'(phrased along with rest of the texts in the addon)

Last edited:
What is the status of this - is it actually happening?
I am currently in the process of creating mockup screens and thrashing out how it should work so it should be customisable for different websites who may want to do it for other sports/poker/player matchups in games etc.

Also getting the developer to understand how it should work as English is not his first language.

In terms of the player ratings - can I suggest half points are included.. e.g 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5 etc...

Ratings tend to be bunched and it is a way of differentiating - or rate 1-100 (i.e. a % score)

In terms of the player ratings - can I suggest half points are included.. e.g 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5 etc...

Ratings tend to be bunched and it is a way of differentiating - or rate 1-100 (i.e. a % score)
What about a input field rather than a drop down of ratings? That way each forum can assign points in decimals if they even wanted to, whilst some could rate upto 100 or whatever else. A phrase could be used to alert members what they can score upto for each different forum.

What about a input field rather than a drop down of ratings? That way each forum can assign points in decimals if they even wanted to, whilst some could rate upto 100 or whatever else. A phrase could be used to alert members what they can score upto for each different forum.

Yes, sounds better. As long as you can limit the inputs to ranges.

The project is currently going full swing.

Some basic functionality has already been added such as fixture list, standings etc.
Some BETA (note that there are some issues for these screens that are being worked on)screenshots below:

CR_EDIT_OPPONENTS.webp

PUB_Standings.webp
Will add more as more functionality especially the ratings parts get added.

Currently in beta testing. Screenshots of the new functionality plus some very nice additional features should be posted within the next coming days.

Remember to give me additional feature list if you want them in the addon.
Right now the addon is available for all types of sports/gaming/other forums. You are able to choose as many players as you want to be rated (in the ACP Config screens). For Soccer thats 11 + 5 reserves right? In League its 13+4 reserves etc. Its all configurable.

Another feature to consider is the ability to select a 'Man Of The Match' for each game, then for each player in summary statistics a MOTM count could be added.

Also not sure if it was mentioned, but the ability to auto post to a thread under the username when ratings for a match are completed.

Some Teasers...

This is the create match screen in ACP.
XF_CreateMatch.webp

This screen displays the matches created, and shows past ones, and information about them including who was the highest rated player of the game. All the players/coach are being pulled out from the showcase database. Just create a showcase item, and it will be visible. Simple as that.
Fixture_disp.webp

This screen shows how hell this addon integrates with showcase addon and displays your rating as well as what the average for the player was.
ave_your_rating.webp

Theres a fair few enhancements and other screens coming soon once they have been redesigned.

Also there will be Widgets for highest rated players, highest rated last game, upcoming game etc.

This will be a must-have addon for sports sites once its finished.

Another feature to consider is the ability to select a 'Man Of The Match' for each game, then for each player in summary statistics a MOTM count could be added.
The player with the highest average for the game would automatically be the man of the match. We are planning on showing how many times a player got MoM via widgets, and it will also be highlighted when viewing the players profile.

Also not sure if it was mentioned, but the ability to auto post to a thread under the username when ratings for a match are completed.
I think that might require too much work, but ill ask the developer anyway.

Top Bottom