Add-on [PAID $$$] Need plugin to provide Paypal recurring sub continuity after migration to xF

I am willing to put money into this project as well!
Problem solved for me.

All you have to do is ask your members to cancel and create a new sub on Xenforo. In the meantime to stop PayPal errors leave payment_gateway.php in your root folder. Be sure to point your PayPal IPN to your new Xenforo install. This worked for me.

I wonder how the income of the months after that compare to the months before the migration compare.
I have many recurring subscriptions that have started long time ago. some even years ago. I doubt those would be renewed

I wonder how the income of the months after that compare to the months before the migration compare.
I have many recurring subscriptions that have started long time ago. some even years ago. I doubt those would be renewed
If they dont cancel you will continue to receive those payments and PayPal will work just fine as long as you put the payment gateway in your forum root.

Problem solved for me.

All you have to do is ask your members to cancel and create a new sub on Xenforo. In the meantime to stop PayPal errors leave payment_gateway.php in your root folder. Be sure to point your PayPal IPN to your new Xenforo install. This worked for me.

If they dont cancel you will continue to receive those payments and PayPal will work just fine as long as you put the payment gateway in your forum root.

Yes, you will continue to get the revenue, until they, and a few thousand other members quickly realize they can just cancel their subscription while retaining elevated permissions since you have broken the automated processes that the subscription once afforded you. Now you are left manually culling email notifications from Paypal or dumping subscription logs from PP and trying to audit it to find out who shouldnt have elevated permissions.

Dawg how many subs did you have prior to your migration to xF?
Right at about 500 but only a fraction were recurring subs so it was not that bad for me.

My biggest problem is that members no longer have the ability to gift each other. We really need this plug-in and i am will to pitch in to have done.

Yes, you will continue to get the revenue, until they, and a few thousand other members quickly realize they can just cancel their subscription while retaining elevated permissions since you have broken the automated processes that the subscription once afforded you. Now you are left manually culling email notifications from Paypal or dumping subscription logs from PP and trying to audit it to find out who shouldn't have elevated permissions.
No thats not true at all. If you import your subscriptions with the import tool it brings over the expiration dates also. If someone had 1 month on vBulletin it will expire when it is supposed to on Xenforo.

Did you recreate upgrades? Because that would break it.

No thats not true at all. If you import your subscriptions with the import tool it brings over the expiration dates also. If someone had 1 month on vBulletin it will expire when it is supposed to on Xenforo.

Did you recreate upgrades? Because that would break it.

The issue is with recurring subscriptions. The recurring sub, which could be years old, has a hard-coded IPN url pointing at the old vB IPN script. Even if you put a file in its place to generate a 200 back to Paypal, you still break the recurring sub inside of xF.

Recurring subs do not get imported. Its been mentioned time and time again by the xF crew. Its easy to see why when you look at the hashes and other things stored in the database to authenticate the IPN transactions.

Top Bottom