Lack of interest Paid membership registration

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

PumpinIron

One of the things I wish XenForo included out of the box, is a way for users to register or sign-up as a paid member. With the way the XenForo "User Upgrade" system is setup, it only allows someone to upgrade their account after registration.

I believe that not allowing them to register as a paid member upon initial sign-up could mean a potential sales loss. I say that because a lot of my users have no idea where the "Account Upgrade" link is located, and a lot of them might just feel more of an impulse to do it, had it been an option when they originally signed-up.

Anyways, the closest solution I've found to remedy this in terms of a third party add-on is PemBer. The problem with PemBer however is that it doesn't make it's paid membership option a part of the default XenForo sign-up / registration process, therefore (in my opinion) it's confusing to a lot of members that there's a normal sign-up option, and then a separate link for a paid sign-up option.

What I envision is when someone registers to become a member, they could have as many options as the admin wants.

So for instance, I go to sign-up for a XenForo forum and it presents me with 3 options:

Basic Membership (FREE)
Supporting Member ($10)
Lifetime Supporting Member ($25)

Each membership level might have a bullet list under it of all it's different benefits, etc.

They choose the one they want and it guides them through the sign-up / registration process.

The key here is that this is all part of the default XenForo sign-up process, not another page or link that is separate from it (like PemBer).

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom