XF 2.0 Paid membership and first 500 or year free?

vinnymickey

I am going to give paid memberships via user upgrades and looks like that is ready to go. My question is if I decide to give first 500 free or year for free will I have to upgrade them manually after they register? If I have each new member register and I manually upgrade will the softwarekeep track of the yearly fee for each member? Will I also have to manually upgrade each member if i decide to give this offer at launch?

TY for any guidance and hope this posted in the right section :)

The only way would be to have a user upgrade cost 0 and have the first 500 sognup for a year and once your 500 quota is met disable the upgrade if you do it this way the system will auto downgrade them after the first year. If you do it manually you will have to make note because the system won't track it

Interesting just to double check, if I have the sign up for $0 and deactivate after 500 quota they will be downgraded after a year and tracked. Therefore when I deactivate the $0 I just create another upgrade at my $cost to start collecting, sound right? creating another member upgrade shouldn't effect th original 500 tracking correct? TY so much for the guidance sometimes my basic logic goes out the window....

Interesting just to double check, if I have the sign up for $0 and deactivate after 500 quota they will be downgraded after a year and tracked. Therefore when I deactivate the $0 I just create another upgrade at my $cost to start collecting, sound right? creating another member upgrade shouldn't effect th original 500 tracking correct? TY so much for the guidance sometimes my basic logic goes out the window....
Correct you can lable the upgrade for free to First 500 then a paid one to like Premium

@vinnymickey why not create an auto user group promotion for all new members. After the first 500 register manually disable that promotion.

I'm a little rusty on usergroup promotions but that'd be my approach. I'm not sure but you might have to manage two paid group, one for the first 500 and mirror the paid membership feature for actual paid upgrades.

That'd be my approach.

@vinnymickey why not create an auto user group promotion for all new members. After the first 500 register manually disable that promotion.

I'm a little rusty on usergroup promotions but that'd be my approach. I'm not sure but you might have to manage two paid group, one for the first 500 and mirror the paid membership feature for actual paid upgrades.

That'd be my approach.
That's actually a good idea as well make it upgrade the first 500 automatically :) thanks for the support I was thinking about saying that but not sure it might work (;

That'd be my approach.

Curious after I disable the 500 auto user group (with the permissions I created) they will be downgraded correct? Then I turn on my paid upgrade correct? and the 500/1000 eg.. Will have to register again correct.

Now I am wondering if I create a free user group for 6 months or a year and when I disable it would Xen keep track of them and or does it down grade automatically once deactivated.

Not sure why this is so confusing to me lol.....I am thinking If I just upgrade manually it would be easiest to track...Or just not offer free memberships :)

TY I'll keep thinking about this one and anyone with step by step advise for a confused user is welcomed...

If I create a free user group for 6 months will the members that signed up a month ago still be tracked when disabled? Then I create a paid membership and when all the other members time runs out they will be downgraded. Does this sound like how the code was or is written :)

Ypu would have to revoke all oremissions of free members and tell them they have to upgrade to see any content

Will all be revoked at once when I disable the group, will software keep track of any members remaining time?

The promotion will be known to all that sign up, just looking for a simple way to give members their 6 months even if they sign up in month 5...

TY for everyone's patience :)

Ok I created a user group promotion for 6 months and after confirming via email it is set to go into Pro Member User group. I tested this and it worked. Now when I deactivate the promotion everyone will obviously be revoked. So my option is to manually make a list and revoke each user correct if I track the sign up date?

Thinking this idea just not be an option to confusing and to me no easy solution. Or maybe my Newbie colors are shining bright :)

Top Bottom