1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Paid Job: Creating custom alerts via PHP

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by NDM, Jan 9, 2013.

1. NDM

NDM Member

I need someone to create a PHP script which adds custom alerts to the XF database. I would like to use the script like this:

sendAlert($touser,$title,$message)

The reason I need this is because I have coded many custom scripts and require to alert users when specific things happen. This has to be standalone and not via XF.

Example: I have created a bank script and would like to alert a user that funds have been transferred into his account, so I would just add this beloe the transaction code:

$touser = "TheUser";
    $title = "New Transaction";
    $message = "You have received 100 points from Admin";
    sendAlert($touser,$title,$message)

Once the user comes to the forums, he would see that new alert.

Again, I do not want this as XF addon, but as standalone script. You don't need to get the username or anything - you just need to write me a function which enables me to add a custom alert.

If you are up to this, please send me a PM with your quote and delivery time :) I am a PHP dev myself, but I am totally new to XF so just inserting a message to the alerts table doesn't work - I tried that. I would do this myself but due to the lack of knowledge how XF processes everything I prefer to pay someone to do this quickly instead of looking at the code for hours to find out how this all works.

Thanks

2. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

Did you ever get this done? I need something like this too ;)

I have a cron php script that goes through subscriptions that end in x days, and sends them out an email. I'd also like a custom alert.