1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Paid Downloads

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by zRnM, Jul 15, 2013.

1. zRnM

zRnM Member

Looking for some download add-on.
    - Download file (paid) after pay in paypal, u can always download this file from your account.

Something like "resources manager" or resource manager can do this for me? :p

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

The Resource Manager itself doesn't do that. We, at ExtraLicense.com (well, our addons), use Fetchapp.
    Quite happy with it, check it out. You can then, from the Resource Manager, put a link to Fetchapp to purchase.

zRnM likes this.
  3. zRnM

zRnM Member

Its looks very expensive... 25.MB = 5$ per month

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It depends what you're selling.

If you're selling add-ons, then most add-ons are < 100KB so I managed to get away with the free Fetch App service for a long time. I still could, in theory. But it became annoying having to constantly delete files before I could add new ones. So I pay $5. And I now have 23MB of storage remaining that I will probably take ages to fill up.

If you're selling large applications or styles then, yep, it could get costly.

But it does make me smile when I see people say $5 a month is expensive. At the end of the day, if you're selling something through that service, if you don't think you're going to make the $5 a month back then you might as well not bother selling at all!

If you're looking for a XenForo add-on that does it. Check out GoodForNothing Product Manager. I use it myself at http://xenmediagallery.com. I'm not a massive fan of it and the developer is AWOL at the moment. My desire eventually is to write my own. But until then it works fine.

zRnM likes this.
  5. zRnM

zRnM Member

I will sell a PE and each app size is from 1,5 ~ 10. MB.. (y)

PS. world don`t ends on web developers.

6. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

You may want to try out my [bd] Paygates add-on which supports paid resource download. You can also use something other than PayPal if you want to.

zRnM and Chris D like this.