• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[PAID] Cycling mileage logger add-on

CTXMedia

I'd love to present my CycleChat members with an option for logging their mileage on the forums when we move over to XF - as a token for all the continued contributions they make to the site.

Basically the add-on will allow members to log their daily mileage and then see stats on it. Ideally, with the option of adding more than one bike and the ability to separate mileage per-bike.

Mileage stats would be selectable (start / end) with graph/chart to show them how they're doing.

As a "bonus" feature they would be able to enter a target figure for this year's mileage, and add a mileage ticker to their signature that will reference their log records for the year and show how they're doing.

I'm not technically knowledgable so don't know whether this would be a fairly straight-forward add-on or a very complex one?

Anyone who is interested, just give me a very ball-park figure and if I've got the budget for it we'll make a go of it.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Only mileage or connect this also with google maps to get something like:
jog2.0.webp
Where the user can insert there route & more infos.. and share it with other...

Only mileage or connect this also with google maps to get something like:
View attachment 18410
Where the user can insert there route & more infos.. and share it with other...

I'd only really thought about mileage, but I like the map idea; maybe have the route maps as a separate reference within the add-on so you could upload them and then "tag" them to a specific ride log. This way maps for training rides (that cover the same circuit each time) can be re-used when logging the mileage. (y)

I've also thought about another possibly aspect; groups. Allow people to assign their mileage to a specific group (such as members of the same local cycling club or Sunday-run meet up) so that they can compete with each other - add a "fun" element to it as well?

Cheers,

runkeeper.com is what I use.
Do they perhaps have an API you can hook into?

runkeeper.com is what I use.
Do they perhaps have an API you can hook into?

I think they do, for mobile apps anyway, but I'd rather keep everything on my own site/server and not have to ask members to subscribe to third-party services to "plug in" their data.

It would probably be handy for people already using off-site logging/tracking services to be able to import their data into the CycleChat logging add-on, but I imagine that would sky-rocket the cost and I'm not really interested in taking it that far initially.

Good idea though. (y)

Cheers,

Top Bottom