Other [PAID] Custom Registration

AcidFire

I am looking for someone to make a custom registration system for my boards. I would like it so that when someone registers on my site, it creates a forum post in a specific section of my boards. Then I would like people of certain usergroups of my forums to be able to accept/decline/set people to recruits via a button that would appear under their avatar in their post.

So for instance, a person signs up on the boards and has an account but does not get assigned anything but the default usergroup we have set which has no view rights. When they create that account, it makes a post in a specified section of the forums.

An officer of my boards could then read their post and would have three buttons under their avatar. Accepted, Denied, and Recruit.
-Accepted would set their primary/secondary usergroup to a specific set, send the poster a pm/email, post in the applicant's thread saying that they have been approved, and move their post to the accepted section of our forums.

-Declined would leave their usergroup set to default, send them a pm/email saying that they've been declined, post in the applicant's thread saying that they have been declined, and move their post to the declined applications section of my board.

-Recruit would leave their usergroup set to default, send them a pm/email saying that they need to get on our teamspeak for an interview, and move their post to the recruit section of our board. This option would also have to all someone to use the Accepted/Declined option after the recruit has done their interview based on whether we accepted or declined them.

Preferably, I would like the registration form to to allow customizable options that I could tie to usergroups based on what options they pick. In my group, we have several different game communities that we keep separated by usergroups. Want the applicant to apply for specific game groups, but still have all their posts go to the same forum section.

Examples of this in action on our old vbulletin board:
-Initial post showing placement of three options
http://i.imgur.com/Y9ej7M4.jpg

-A sample of the post that the application approval button sent to members through a reply post, pm, and email when an officer hit approve
http://i.imgur.com/EFNuLpK.jpg

-Example of the the interface looked like after an officer of our boards hits recruit
http://i.imgur.com/LlerthF.jpg

-Example message posted as a reply, pm, and email when an officer set someone as a recruit
http://i.imgur.com/Dyk2qg3.jpg

I am willing to pay a reasonable price for this development work.

Last edited:
I think what you want to achieve can also be done without a custom made add-on.

Just look for the 2 forms add-ons you will find on here.

Advanced Application Forms
Simple Forms

I don't understand why you need that.
Just let them register on your site, with no permissions at all. So put them to that special usergroup. Only able to see the forms. Let them fill out the form and you have exactly the same thing what you want.
And from then on the whole accept/decline stuff can start. I think there should be a solution for that too. Just trying to help.

+1 to sbj it can be perfectly managed with user groups + the addons above.
Great addons with a lot of options by the way.

I don't understand why you need that.
Just let them register on your site, with no permissions at all. So put them to that special usergroup. Only able to see the forms. Let them fill out the form and you have exactly the same thing what you want.
And from then on the whole accept/decline stuff can start. I think there should be a solution for that too. Just trying to help.

Too many steps for most people. They get annoyed having to fill out two things. This is the current way we are doing it and it's not good enough. Not to mention the form doesn't seem to have a function programmed in for having an email/pm sent out when a form is approved from what I can see. Thanks for the ideas though.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, the price you wanted to develop this was pretty far out of my budget due to this being for a small gaming group.

No problem :) Please keep us in touch if you need any assistance in future. We will be glad to assist you with it.

Top Bottom