• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid-$100] Baby Names

Xarcell

Looking to hire someone to build a mod exclusively for my site. A Baby Names mod. No need to add names at this point, I will add them myself manually later on. For now, I just need the empty mod.

The basic needs are, allow user's to search names by gender, and/or origin, and/or by starting letters. User's can submit names, and then need admin approval before it appears in the list.

Names also carry a meaning, so when submitting a name, origin, gender, and meaning are all required fields. When submitting a name, a popup appears(like membercard) where required fields are entered.

User's also need the ability to rate names, 1-3 stars.

Names need views tracking. When a list of names is displayed, and a user's click on "meaning", a popup (like membercard) appears displaying information like Name, Origin, Rating, Views, and Meaning. This process counts as a "view".

Multiple names of the same spelling is allowed, but different origins required.

All names need proper uppercase/lowercase. Basically, all names forced to lowercase, and first letter of each word forced to uppercase. This can be done with php. http://www.tizag.com/phpT/php-string-strtoupper-strtolower.php - Google for other sources...

It is important to allow user's to browser names. Please place alphabet in template so that a user can browse all names by alphabet.

It is also important to allow user's browse names by starting letters. Meaning, a user can search for names starting with "xar".

Homepage of mod, says something like:
Features "X" number of names within 59 origins.
Where as in X, equals the total number of names. I'll put some more crap after that myself, just not sure what yet.

I sketched a few screenshots. It doesn't have to be exact, and sleek improvements are welcome.
----------------------------------------------------------

LIST OF GENDERS

Either
Male
Female

LIST OF ORIGINS

African
American
Arabic
Aramaic
Armenian
Australia
Babylonian
Bulgarian
Burmese
Cambodian
Celtic
Chinese
Czech
Dutch
East Indian
Egyptian
English
Estonian
Ethiopian
French
Gaelic
German
Greek
Gypsy
Hawaiian
Hebrew
Hindu
Hispanic
Hungarian
Icelandic
Irish
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Latin
Lithuanian
Native American
Nigerian
Norse
Pakastani
Persian
Phoenician
Polish
Polynesian
Portuguese
Punjabi
Roman
Russian
Scandinavian
Scottish
Serbo-Croation
Slavic
Spanish
Syrian
Thai
Turkish
Ukrainian
Vietnamese
Welsh

----------------------------------------------

Aside from what was mentioned above. I need 4 modules made for xenporta(different add-on). One that displays top 10 names by views, top names 10 by ratings, 10 newest names(by latest date added), and name of the day(displays all info about the name).

If you are interested in making this mod for me, reply here or send me a message. FYI, I'm a theme designer, so I'm capable of tweaking the templates myself if it isn't perfect. So I won't be bothering you with "change this and that".

Baby name script examples:
http://www.namemybaby.us/
http://www.babynamescript.com/

Attachments

• sketch_babynames_homepage.webp
    sketch_babynames_homepage.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 17
  • sketch_babynames.webp
    sketch_babynames.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 11
  • sketch_babynames_namecard.webp
    sketch_babynames_namecard.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 9
I have other plans, I'd rather not mention that make it more specialized for my site. A frameless copy, certainly won't due. Aside, I need my user's to have the ability to submit names...

My site is a professional site, I need things to be as clean as possible.

Top Bottom