1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid-$100] Baby Names

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by Xarcell, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Looking to hire someone to build a mod exclusively for my site. A Baby Names mod. No need to add names at this point, I will add them myself manually later on. For now, I just need the empty mod.

The basic needs are, allow user's to search names by gender, and/or origin, and/or by starting letters. User's can submit names, and then need admin approval before it appears in the list.

Names also carry a meaning, so when submitting a name, origin, gender, and meaning are all required fields. When submitting a name, a popup appears(like membercard) where required fields are entered.

User's also need the ability to rate names, 1-3 stars.

Names need views tracking. When a list of names is displayed, and a user's click on "meaning", a popup (like membercard) appears displaying information like Name, Origin, Rating, Views, and Meaning. This process counts as a "view".

Multiple names of the same spelling is allowed, but different origins required.

All names need proper uppercase/lowercase. Basically, all names forced to lowercase, and first letter of each word forced to uppercase. This can be done with php. http://www.tizag.com/phpT/php-string-strtoupper-strtolower.php - Google for other sources...

It is important to allow user's to browser names. Please place alphabet in template so that a user can browse all names by alphabet.

It is also important to allow user's browse names by starting letters. Meaning, a user can search for names starting with "xar".

Homepage of mod, says something like:
    Where as in X, equals the total number of names. I'll put some more crap after that myself, just not sure what yet.

I sketched a few screenshots. It doesn't have to be exact, and sleek improvements are welcome.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

LIST OF GENDERS

Either
    Male
    Female

LIST OF ORIGINS

African
    American
    Arabic
    Aramaic
    Armenian
    Australia
    Babylonian
    Bulgarian
    Burmese
    Cambodian
    Celtic
    Chinese
    Czech
    Dutch
    East Indian
    Egyptian
    English
    Estonian
    Ethiopian
    French
    Gaelic
    German
    Greek
    Gypsy
    Hawaiian
    Hebrew
    Hindu
    Hispanic
    Hungarian
    Icelandic
    Irish
    Italian
    Japanese
    Korean
    Latin
    Lithuanian
    Native American
    Nigerian
    Norse
    Pakastani
    Persian
    Phoenician
    Polish
    Polynesian
    Portuguese
    Punjabi
    Roman
    Russian
    Scandinavian
    Scottish
    Serbo-Croation
    Slavic
    Spanish
    Syrian
    Thai
    Turkish
    Ukrainian
    Vietnamese
    Welsh

----------------------------------------------

Aside from what was mentioned above. I need 4 modules made for xenporta(different add-on). One that displays top 10 names by views, top names 10 by ratings, 10 newest names(by latest date added), and name of the day(displays all info about the name).

If you are interested in making this mod for me, reply here or send me a message. FYI, I'm a theme designer, so I'm capable of tweaking the templates myself if it isn't perfect. So I won't be bothering you with "change this and that".

Baby name script examples:
    http://www.namemybaby.us/
    http://www.babynamescript.com/

Attached Files:

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Why not just buy it ?
    And run a frameless copy ?
    or get someone to "MODIFY" it for your needs ?

3. Xarcell

I have other plans, I'd rather not mention that make it more specialized for my site. A frameless copy, certainly won't due. Aside, I need my user's to have the ability to submit names...

My site is a professional site, I need things to be as clean as possible.

4. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Very good, hope you get one :)

5. Xarcell

Still looking for help with this...

6. Mike Law

Mike Law Active Member

freelancer.com is your place...
    although this is a late reply///