1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Pagination improvement

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by AlexandrosD, Aug 14, 2010.

1. AlexandrosD

AlexandrosD Active Member

[​IMG]

Here's the thing;
    If you click the right arrow, it shows the 52th page button and replaces the arrow. It also removes the 47th anchor element.
    It should show the 52th page button by default, without the need of an additional click. Doncha think?

Attached Files:

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

pagination.png

If you check the screenshot, you'll see that there are 8 pages for the search results.
    Instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 the pagination is
    1,2,3,4,5,6,→,8
    or
    1,←,3,4,5,6,7,8

If i want to go to page 7 i need to click on the arrow to get the 7 and then i can click it...
    In this case, the arrows are IMO strange and we have to make more clicks as necessary.

Is there a way to change this and remove the arrows if they don't make any sense?:D

(another related suggestion/bug relating the arrows http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-from-pagionation-if-js-is-deactivated.20138/ )

3. Member 3639

Member 3639 Active Member

If they added in a drop down jump list with all numbers in that could solve it?

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

If there are 8 pages, the pagination looks like:
    [​IMG]
    My suggestion is, to remove the arrows if they aren't necessary, so it looks like
    noarrow.png

Instead of the arrow i have now the direct link to page 7

I've fixed this by changing in XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::_getPageNav

$scrollSize = 1 + 2 * $range;

to

$scrollSize = 2 + 2 * $range;

All i'm trying to say is, that this is IMO a minimal bug and that the arrows doesn't make sense if there's only 1 hidden pagelink or the user doesn't have activated javascript...

Darkimmortal likes this.
  5. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Yes obviously. Minor usability bug really.

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest