PageSpeed Insights

Don't focus on the score but individual metrics themselves - especially for the the field/origin real world metrics :)

I updated my forum guide for How to use webpagetest.org for page load speed testing to address Google Lighthouse v6 that was just released

enjoy :)

Don't focus on the score but individual metrics themselves - especially for the the field/origin real world metrics :)

I updated my forum guide for How to use webpagetest.org for page load speed testing to address Google Lighthouse v6 that was just released

enjoy :)

Can't wait till you upgrade to XF2 :)

The conclusion I reached after the last arrangements I made in the general structure of the forum.

When I last looked at it, the mobile result was 17%. I was able to take it to this level for a week.

Attachments

• won1.webp
    won1.webp
    46 KB · Views: 21
  • won2.webp
    won2.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 59
if you want advice. Get rid of extra plugins. Delete excess theme. Open the default child theme. And Edit.

This is the page plan I will recommend

Attachments

• temadasayfaayarı.webp
    temadasayfaayarı.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 64
You do that at the server level in .htaccess (what needs to be entered depends on your server and what cache control is available on it).

This is what's in my .htaccess with mod_expires...
Code:
<FilesMatch "\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|ico|js|css|less)$">
   ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 month"
</FilesMatch>
If the site is in cloudflare protection, where should I add this code?

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-measures-web-vitals-29886.html

Googlebot (or Lighthouse, or PageSpeed Insights) measures lab data, which is hypothetical performance data in a pretty ideal environment. This isn't representative of what actual users see - but that's more important...

So Google Search looks for a mix of lab data and real user metrics (rUM, e.g. the Chrome UX report) to determine performance signals. You wanna take a look at both, too.

Lab data gives you a good idea where to dig deeper, rUM is harder to get & gives you a better perspective.

And that's the cool thing about the GSC web vitals report - it shows you limited data (b/c not every URL might have enough rUM data) but it's real user metrics! So if something is "poor" there, it means real users suffered. You wanna fix that for sure.

True but for me that's a little too bare bone 😉
Well worth remembering. (y)

You can make some great gains in page load speed (on any site, not just Xenforo sites) by eliminating all images but if you do that your conversions will plummet.

You can make some great gains in page load speed (on any site, not just Xenforo sites) by eliminating all advertising but if you do that your income will plummet.

The goal should not be to get to 100 — even Google has said that (John Mueller) — but rather to optimize your page to load as quickly as it can without sacrificing the features you need to attract and keep members, followers, or customers.

You can make some great gains in page load speed (on any site, not just Xenforo sites) by eliminating all images but if you do that your conversions will plummet.

The goal should not be to get to 100 — even Google has said that (John Mueller) — but rather to optimize your page to load as quickly as it can without sacrificing the features you need to attract and keep members, followers, or customers.
who would eliminate images in the age of lazy loading? it's about reducing the size of css, js, and woff2 files packed with unused stuff.

Top Bottom