XF 1.2 Pages "Table of Contents" (Navigation?)

Lilie

I'm setting up wiki-styled (?) pages for my forum that contain all of the must-reads and information that's needed, but I'm having a bit of trouble. I've tried looking into the issue but I may not be using the correct terms so I haven't found any answers.

What I'm doing is making a page node under the category "Out of Character" named "Handbook", I then want it to have sub-categories named Forum and World with the pages underneath that... So I make them as "pages" since making a category tosses me out of child-mode. However, this makes the "forum" and "world" page nodes the only ones visible, and their children not visible:
LtBT78z.png

What I want to do is make the "handbook" page node a sort of "main area" to explain some simple things about the plot, and have "forum" and "world" as decorative "categories" (not clickable, but divides the pages up neatly) while being able to have child nodes of "handbook" and children of their children visible (see "Lore" and "Races" and their child nodes represented with spaces in front of them.
Mockup:
Kj1XXTr.png

Am I going about this the wrong way? I still want the Handbook to show up like this on the board index.... So I didn't want to make the Handbook it's own category.
HoBm0MH.png

Any help is much appreciated, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... It's probably something silly, though.
Also, I wasn't sure where this thread belongs, since it's mainly a design issue. Feel free to move it if I got it wrong.

Have you tried checking the various sibling and child nodes for each page to see if that achieves what you want?
They can be found in the Page Options tab for each page.

Have you tried checking the various sibling and child nodes for each page to see if that achieves what you want?
They can be found in the Page Options tab for each page.
I don't understand what you mean.

When I check "show sibling nodes" under "handbook" I get all of the other boards shown there for some reason. How do I get it to appear as shown in the mockup?

Well you can't have non-clickable nodes in the list.
So the only options available are to show child and/or sibling nodes to try and emulate what you want.

Otherwise, remove the node list from the templates completely and create your own custom menu.

Uncheck sibling and child nodes for all pages to remove the automatically generated menu list.

Then just use standard HTML and CSS to build up your own menu.
If you want the same menu on every page, create a new template with the menu code and include that template in each page.

Thank you! I'm a bit new to coding, but I'm getting there.
I had some other questions about skins, bbcodes, and wondering if certain design elements were able to be pushed to a certain extent. Should I make a new thread with it all or modify this one?

Top Bottom