Table of Contents

There was a plugin but it's been removed and I couldn't find anything to do this.

Anyway, I think it's so basic that it should be incorporated into Xenforo

The caveat is that you would rely on non-technical users to correctly use heading tags/bbcode correctly, with seo-implications if they do not.

The caveat is that you would rely on non-technical users to correctly use heading tags/bbcode correctly, with seo-implications if they do not.
this is useful for users in the editor's group or on the forum staff who want to create a small blog.
It may not be appropriate to give access to this to all forum users logically, but it is a really useful option for making articles, guides, tutorials or any other type of content

even youtube is applying this in their videos

yeah, i like the idea for those who can use it properly. I'm looking at it more so from an old content perspective... 20 years of articles that won't have this format would need to be updated by moderators to take advantage of it.

Really a very good and simple resource, I use Mkdocs for documentation, but thinking about passing everything to Xenforo, basically, it just lacks a similar resource.

It is mainly useful for larger article/document.

Anchor links for headings​

Every time a heading is used within content, it now has an automatic anchor link generated which can be accessed on hover via the link icon that appears next to the heading:

hys_6_heading.png

This will allow you to link directly to headings within your content.
Now we will have links to headings. Hopefully a Table of Content function will also be added.

A Table of Content function would also stimulate members to use Headings.
Table of Content is great for SEO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom