• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

@pageBackground

Neil E.

I want to style this using EXTRA instead of SP. I don't want @pageBackground in EXTRA because it modifies the original template. Shelley provided some help, but I started a topic so I could add pictures.

@pageBackground seems to be a collection of several areas:
1) outside edges of the page below the header
2) outside edges of the regular footer
3) background of footer legal
4) area below footer legal

Using SP @pageBackground set to red:
xenforo79.jpg

Using EXTRA
1) #content
2) ?
3) .footerLegal
4) ?

#content
{
background-color: red !important;
}
.footerLegal
{
background-color: red !important;
}

xenforo80.jpg

Anyone know the class or ID for the area below footerLegal and the area outboard of the footer?

Neil E.

Correct, I am using Firebug, but I don't always believe what it's telling me.

For the area below footerLegal:

In Firebug:
html {
background-color: #F0F0F0;
min-width: 1000px;
overflow-y: scroll !important;
}

In EXTRA:
html {
background-color: red;
min-width: 1000px;
overflow-y: scroll !important;
}

Works fine, I thought that would change more areas than what I was looking for. It also changed footerLegal and #content, so I don't need to style those.

cclaerhout

... but using this html tag in the Css means that all backgrounds of the page will have that background color (providing other elements didn't set a color background). So you just need to target precisely which element you want to apply that background color.

cclaerhout

... but using this html tag in the Css means that all backgrounds of the page will have that background color (providing other elements didn't set a color background). So you just need to target precisely which element you want to apply that background color.
If you just learnt Css, just two things to remember: # & .

#element => is the ID of the element
.element=> is the CLASS of the element