XF 1.1 Page & Post Speed Problems

yavuz

Hello,

I have three websites on a VPS server. All three websites have same admincp settings (performance). One functions fine; posting - opening threads, like and the other overlay features works perfectly and very fast.

But the other two forums... Posting, opening threads, liking something is painfully slow. I tried many things; currrently the cache functions are in place:

Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

eaccelerator is also installed on the server. My attempt to diagnose by disabling and enabling the addons was unsuccessfull. Although all addons were disabled, posting, liking etc. was extremely slow and results sometimes in timout errors.

The server specs: CentOS 5.7 php 5.3.10, suoshin, eaccelerator, mysql 5.5 (newly upgrated but I have had this problem when I was running 5.1 too).

How can I find out what this is caused by?

Try adding this to config.php and see if it makes a difference:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

If it does then it points to a problem with an add-on.

Is there anything different with the site which works OK and similar with the two sites which don't?

Try adding this to config.php and see if it makes a difference:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

If it does then it points to a problem with an add-on.

Is there anything different with the site which works OK and similar with the two sites which don't?

Yes, it's very fast now. But it's strange Paul because I deactivated all addons and tested it. How could I identify the problem?

Deactivating add-ons doesn't always do the job.

Can you list the add-ons you have installed on both sites?

If you have a test installation you could start uninstalling the add-ons until the problem disappears.

Deactivating add-ons doesn't always do the job.

Can you list the add-ons you have installed on both sites?

If you have a test installation you could start uninstalling the add-ons until the problem disappears.

I added that code you wrote, it's better but still waiting a few (sometimes more) to post & like etc.

I dont wish to state the obvious here but are you sure this lag is being experienced by people other than you? Could it not just be that you are lagging?

I dont wish to state the obvious here but are you sure this lag is being experienced by people other than you? Could it not just be that you are lagging?

Nope Rob, I'm not the only one unfortunately. All three forums have similar addons installed. Preparing screens now.

I made a screenshot of the addons of all thre websites and combined it in one picture. Since Site C is working with all its addons installed, would it be wise to delete the other addons from the other two sites to test?

screenshot.webp

I looked both sites in the web console (chrome), removed the errors that was caused by addons. There seem to be errors related to xenforo. As you can seen in the screenshots:

Site-A.webp

Site-B.webp

You can disregard those, they are not the cause of your problems.

Essentially you have too many add-ons installed and it is likely that one or more of them are conflicting.

I think I'm going crazy. I trimmed most of the addons that are installed. But both sites are still lagging. Can't seem to detect what the problem is.

Here are the memory results from the websites, when I enable debug mode:

A
Page Time: 0.6838s
Memory: 16.3470 MB (Peak: 17.4280 MB)
Queries (33, time: 0.0298s, 4.4%)

B
Page Time: 0.5997s
Memory: 15.4177 MB (Peak: 16.3967 MB)
Queries (32, time: 0.0184s, 3.1%)

C
Page Time: 4.0950s
Memory: 14.0858 MB (Peak: 14.9520 MB)