Resource icon

Page as portal homepage

You need to add the widget key and position at the top of the page node:

Code:
<xf:widget key="your_widget_ID_goes_here" position="sidebar" />

the description speaks of a Prefix-based widget to curate Featured threads for the homepage... but the link is dead :-/ Ideas on how to do this?

Perfect tutorial. In less that a minute I was able to remove Breadcrumbs (Top & Bottom) plus the page title.
A bit help if you don't mind. I also want to remove the social sharing from the bottom of the page. How I can do it?

Thank you !!

If you search on here I think someone already posted how to remove that. I’m on my phone right now and can’t remember if it’s a widget or a template edit but it’s very straightforward either way :-)

If you search on here I think someone already posted how to remove that. I’m on my phone right now and can’t remember if it’s a widget or a template edit but it’s very straightforward either way :)

Didn't found anything :confused: ..... It's not the social share widget. I'm talking for sharing options that exist in the lower-left part of the page content.

I found in page's output code, that the share block is:
Code:
<div class="shareButtons shareButtons--iconic" data-xf-init="share-buttons">
</div>

I tried to copy your css code for hiding breadcrumb:
Code:
<xf:css>
   .p-breadcrumbs {
      display:none
   }
   .share-buttons {
   }
</xf:css>
but didn't worked. Another test with:
Code:
<xf:h1 hidden="true" />
<xf:share-buttons hidden="true" />
has also no luck.

Thank you

Didn't found anything :confused: ..... It's not the social share widget. I'm talking for sharing options that exist in the lower-left part of the page content.

I found in page's output code, that the share block is:
Code:
<div class="shareButtons shareButtons--iconic" data-xf-init="share-buttons">
</div>

I tried to copy your css code for hiding breadcrumb:
Code:
   .p-breadcrumbs {
   }
   .share-buttons {
   }
Try with
Code:
   .p-breadcrumbs {
   }
   .shareButtons {
   }

Reactions: GW2
So... it was the class and not data-xf . I was close to it ;)

Thank you very much. Really appreciate your help.

Note that that will remove all share buttons including the sidebar widget version

If you wish to retain the sidebar share but lose the share from the base of the page you will need to use:

Code:
.blockMessage .shareButtons {
    display:none;
}

Hi,

Any ideas how I can make the widget blocks on a page look similar to the Forums blocks:
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 00.34.04.webp

Currently it looks a bit clunky:
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 00.33.35.webp

Looking at the source, it seems adding a Page adds a block container around everything. Ideally I'd prefer each widget block to be in its own block container.

Thanks.

Hi,

Any ideas how I can make the widget blocks on a page look similar to the Forums blocks:
View attachment 165954

View attachment 165955

Looking at the source, it seems adding a Page adds a block container around everything. Ideally I'd prefer each widget block to be in its own block container.

Thanks.

Edit the node that you set as your homepage and tick the advanced mode option.

Hi,

View attachment 165954

View attachment 165955

Thanks.

If you mean the block header, i'd imagine you would have to tick on Advanced HTML in the widgets editor and add the block header yourself.

this would give each one its own header..

HTML:
<div class="block-container">
    <h2 class="block-header">
        <i class="fa fa-bolt" aria-hidden="true"></i> block title
    </h2>
    <div class="block-body">
        whatever code
    </div>
</div>
<br>

...something along these lines.

Top Bottom