Pacific Rim (aka Real Life NGE)

I have to admit, been eager and waiting to watch this one. Whether it's any good is another story trailers can be hugely deceptive (Skyline).

Yeah, but it's lame that they have two drivers in the robots...it looks cool, totally different from EVA...but it's a must see for me.

Yeah, but it's lame that they have two drivers in the robots...it looks cool, totally different from EVA...but it's a must see for me.

I wouldn't say it's lame having dual driver support. What happens if one of them takes a panic attack, foams at the mouth and faints? Backup is always good imo and with dual driver support your guaranteed 100% uptime. Or your money back. :D

I wouldn't say it's lame having dual driver support. What happens if one of them takes a panic attack, foams at the mouth and faints? Backup is always good imo and with dual driver support your guaranteed 100% uptime. Or your money back. :D
The second pilot isn't a backup in this but rather one half of the controls. The two pilots must act in unison (and plot device alert.... think in unison) as one pilot controls the left half of Jaeger while the other pilot controls the right half.

(Pic of the movie poster available here. :whistle: )

The second pilot isn't a backup in this but rather one half of the controls. The two pilots must act in unison (and plot device alert.... think in unison) as one pilot controls the left half of Jaeger while the other pilot controls the right half.

(Pic of the movie poster available here. :whistle: )

Yeah, I know. :D

Edit: That poster looks great.

...Whether it's any good is another story trailers can be hugely deceptive (Skyline).
Have to agree on this one, Looked excellent from the trailers, wasn't overly impressed by the movie.

That said, this new one could be cool if it stands up to the hype.

I would not even remember this movie after seeing the trailer if not for the director being Guillermo del Toro, the man I hold as the answer to everything.

I would not even remember this movie after seeing the trailer if not for the director being Guillermo del Toro, the man I hold as the answer to everything.

I think I would remember it but the fact Guillermo del Toro is involved will make it that extra bit special. Hopefully I'll wait and see and hope I'm not located next to a group slurping on drinks through the movie.

Del Toro

JCHA

Wha?

Wow, just saw the budget for that film.

Did not feel like a big flop with the big lines at the theatre, but with a budget like that I can see why the numbers are disappointing.

Saw the movie... as someone who has FORGOTTEN more anime than pretty anyone will ever see in their entire lifetime... I gotta say that the movie was "meh, but extremely enjoyable".

It had almost all the trappings of a Japanese anime, even down to the completely useless filler plot-lines for comedy relief. For instance, if you cut out everything to do with Charlie Day and Ron Perlman, it would literally have not changed the movie a single bit... except be 40 minutes shorter.

Top Bottom