Póquer 833

Motobaka

Hello everyone, we just purchased the XenForo license a few weeks ago and re-started our long dead forum.

We used to have a nice healthy forum a while ago but stopped and now we are starting from scratch. We have never used XenForo before and have fallen in love instantly.

The forum is for a small Spanish speaking Mexican – Latin-American poker community.

You can visit us at: www.poquer833.com/foro

Any feedback on the looks or ideas on how to get better are very welcome.

Note- maybe, just maybe the forum was restarted because I wanted to test this Xenforo thing and now I just love it.

Seems like a nice enough customisation with regards to the colours. I like the reds. However I don't think the blue suits or compliments the red very well and I would honestly think about changing the colour in breadcrumbs for something that compliments the nice reds you have throughout the theme.

The category strip lacks a title (unsure whether that is intentional) but I would personally title it and also style it with a colour that isn't default as again it doesn't suit the red.

Overall, nice enough look you have but I feel the bright blue text really doesn't suit (I've noticed it in other places). Nice work regardless.

Thank you for your kind words. I’m actually very bad at design and our designer is not very fond of the forum so anything I ask for the forum is not given priority at this time.

Would it be too much to ask for a recommendation of color for breadcrumbs and category?

The category will be title as soon as we need to create categories, at this time the forum is only getting started.

The breadcrumbs colour is fine just the text i feel needs changing. Probably something like this hexvalue would look better #631718

Screenshot_2.webp

And for the categorystrip a black Not to black gradient would fit nicely imo along this colour range #2b2b2b

Thank you so much, I have just made the changes. Hopefully I got them right.

Yeah you got them. I'm sure you can do this in the style Properties but the categorystrip border-top & and border-bottom is still the light default colour you might want to change this to something like #1a1a1a

Yesterday we had a few problems with our new server, but I want to take the time to thank and congratulate @Mike Edge for his awesome help in returning things to normal. We had a chaos, as we were covering a live event, beginning a new league and hosting a promotion. This means we were fully staffed and unable to cope with everything going on at our site. Although server problems were there, they were the least of our concern knowing that Mike was taking care of it.

We just moved from another server and I know that if these problems had happened with the old one we would have been dead on the spot.

I would also like to blame XenForo for all our new problems. This wonderful forum software has made our community come to life with a roar to participate and we can’t cope with the number of visitors.

Beautiful new problems we have :)

Thank you for the very nice words @Motobaka I'm glad your live event was a success! Sorry again for the burps your site had moving to us right before your event, but it's great we got it tuned like a kittens purr now.

Top Bottom