[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

It will be improved for PHP 8 or 8.1 ?
it seems that XF 2.2.9 is not very far and will recommend PHP 8.1, at least will be fully compatible with PHP 8.1
I'm already running 8.1
Thanks @Nulumia
Currently being finished on 8.1 🙂
SEO settings for AMS: it misses SEO meta description (optional) field as XFMG and XFRM
Ah I understand now. Will check this today.

If development & product releases were to ever cease under "Nulumia" all products would be transferred to another major developer in the Xenforo community. So it's unlikely this addon could become abandoned.

There is however the case where the new team would not be able to fully develop or support the addon but such a thing would be vetted as best as possible.
Thank you. I had already written it to you. I would like to see more recommended tips. Not everyone who buys your application knows about SEO. I myself am glad you are doing it for me. I don't know everything either. A note these settings are recommended is mega good.

Currently the forum title is attached to all posts. How can I remove that?
I need more information if this is occurring. I'm assuming this refers to the Page Title Suffixes which are performing fine on this end.
SEO settings for AMS: it misses SEO meta description (optional) field as XFMG and XFRM
This is actually not a bug, but the meta description field is already present somewhere else on that page in AMS. However, I can hide AMS's own field and use the Google Preview field instead. The input is exactly the same so it would not cause any issues.
Thank you. I had already written it to you. I would like to see more recommended tips. Not everyone who buys your application knows about SEO. I myself am glad you are doing it for me. I don't know everything either. A note these settings are recommended is mega good.
Recommendations, guides, wiki etc are all coming later in more substantial form. Right now so much work is in difficult development and getting to Public Stable release. I will also be posting a case study here at Xenforo.com about using this or similar addons to boost SEO, step by step.

I am already looking forward to the final. If everyone reports bugs, the better everything will be. My SEO will be even better through your messages. Thanks for that. I just wanted to mention.

Google Snippet Preview for threads doesn't exactly represent the final rendering because it doesn't display the prefix. And besides, is it taken into account in the number of characters in the title? Thanks.

It shows a lot of errors like this

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: canonical src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php:137

I am already looking forward to the final. If everyone reports bugs, the better everything will be. My SEO will be even better through your messages. Thanks for that. I just wanted to mention.
Yes this is the idea! Goal is to currently get all remaining issues ironed out during 1.0.6.
Google Snippet Preview for threads doesn't exactly represent the final rendering because it doesn't display the prefix. And besides, is it taken into account in the number of characters in the title? Thanks.
Improved in incoming release.
From which version is there any a problem with PHP 8?
I have personally ran into minimal errors regarding PHP 8 on latest copies. HOWEVER. This addon (and this is no excuse here, but a rather unfortunate fact) is of a scale & scope that not everything can be caught in local testing or emulation, due to many sites out there being configured so differently with many addons & customizations. The more PHP 8 related errors are supplied, the better.
It shows a lot of errors like this

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: canonical src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Template/Templater.php:137
This should be already fixed in the latest release. Try downloading the latest copy again as it's been hotfixed in the same release, and rebuild/overwrite during import.

Next release almost ready to rollout with more PHP 8 improvements.

Yes this is the idea! Goal is to currently get all remaining issues ironed out during 1.0.6.

Improved in incoming release.

I have personally ran into minimal errors regarding PHP 8 on latest copies. HOWEVER. This addon (and this is no excuse here, but a rather unfortunate fact) is of a scale & scope that not everything can be caught in local testing or emulation, due to many sites out there being configured so differently with many addons & customizations. The more PHP 8 related errors are supplied, the better.

This should be already fixed in the latest release. Try downloading the latest copy again as it's been hotfixed in the same release, and rebuild/overwrite during import.

Next release almost ready to rollout with more PHP 8 improvements.
It really popped up after downloading the latest version

The more PHP 8 related errors are supplied, the better.
Okay but I didn't pay $35 to play the beta testers...
Even if it's a price halved the minimum is that the add-on works correctly for the basic functionalities which is not not the case more than 3 months after its release. So if the next release doesn't fix all the issues, there's something wrong with the design of the module itself.
The amount of configuration and customization possible in XF cannot be a valid excuse knowing that it is the same for all the other developers and they are not entangled in the same problems.
Ok we can help you but we are above all paying customers.

Even if it's a price halved the minimum is that the add-on works correctly for the basic functionalities which is not not the case more than 3 months after its release. So if the next release doesn't fix all the issues, there's something wrong with the design of the module itself.
The amount of configuration and customization possible in XF cannot be a valid excuse knowing that it is the same for all the other developers and they are not entangled in the same problems.
Ok we can help you but we are above all paying customers.
I’d still like to see a lite version without the complications and potential bugs involved with integrating with various addons

Even if it's a price halved the minimum is that the add-on works correctly for the basic functionalities which is not not the case more than 3 months after its release.
nulumia-xenforo-seo-tools-indexing-addon-720_06.jpg

You did paid 50% off so you can later use full version, when it gets out of beta, betting it will work later as it should on live sites.

I didn't noticed any kind of false advertising, all was told upfront: This is beta software, much cheaper now, so you can enjoy it later, when it's finished.

Why you use beta software on live site, well, it's for you to explain it to yourself.

Hi and thank you for your comment. I must specify that if I do not perfectly master the versioning of releases it seems to me that, as indicated on this page https://xenforo.com/community/resources/seo-index-tools.8626/history, that it is no longer a beta version since January 24th. And so I bought this module on February 23.
So unless RC or Alpha versions are also beta it seems to me that this module should have more solid foundations which at least allow it to work without malfunctioning on all the options.

I reported myself a good dozen bugs that no one had reported so far so I'm not sparing my time to help move the module forward.
So so far I'm playing the game but I can't read from the developer more than 3 months after its release that the more bugs reported the better, especially when it concerns the core of the module and the functions of based.
Moreover in the presentation of the module it is not indicated that the buyers would be beta testers in the perpetual search for bugs, but that because of its initial version in beta version there would be a lot of evolution, it is not not at all the same.

So yes I am a little annoyed by the situation and I say it, maybe others are but say nothing so as not to pass for the service nutcracker (not sure about this expression in English...) . So a little pressure on the developer or his team won't hurt anyone.

Last edited:
Hi and thank you for your comment. I must specify that if I do not perfectly master the versioning of releases it seems to me that, as indicated on this page https://xenforo.com/community/resources/seo-index-tools.8626/history, that it is no longer a beta version since January 24th. And so I bought this module on February 23.
So unless RC or Alpha versions are also beta it seems to me that this module should have more solid foundations which at least allow it to work without malfunctioning on all the options.

I reported myself a good dozen bugs that no one had reported so far so I'm not sparing my time to help move the module forward.
So so far I'm playing the game but I can't read from the developer more than 3 months after its release that the more bugs reported the better, especially when it concerns the core of the module and the functions of based.
Moreover in the presentation of the module it is not indicated that the buyers would be beta testers in the perpetual search for bugs, but that because of its initial version in beta version there would be a lot of evolution, it is not not at all the same.

So yes I am a little annoyed by the situation and I say it, maybe others are but say nothing so as not to pass for the service nutcracker (not sure about this expression in English...) . So a little pressure on the developer or his team won't hurt anyone.
His development flow is a bit weird, but generally it is Alpha -> Beta -> Release Candidate for most development.

He may have done beta -> RC, and then for 1.0.6 gone to alpha due to the reported bugs.

From what I see, it still has beta tag, and there I see he was in RC, but with new features he regressed to alpha.

If I were you, I'd use only RC. I guess it works better?

My server running PHP 8 and no version is currently appropriate.
So I'll take my troubles patiently, @Nulumia is probably in a dark cellar without water and food to code, code, code...

I'm still getting this error when trying to install the latest version

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'node.nl_seo_allow_index' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Setup.php at line 117
Nulumia\SeoTools\Setup->installStep5() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 62
Nulumia\SeoTools\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 29
Nulumia\SeoTools\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 419
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2351
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Alongside the message:
One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance.

As a result of this, I am unable to create a new node:

Code:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'index_criteria' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 79
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 220
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1514
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1246
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 71
XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 189
XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AbstractNode.php at line 110
XF\Admin\Controller\AbstractNode->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2351
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

I have the option in admincp to delete the files, but it doesn't revert any changes to the DB, which I presume is causing the error above

@Nulumia - What is the easiest way to find out which database fields this plug-in adds so I can manually delete them all myself?

Top Bottom