[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

Nulumia

Nulumia submitted a new resource:

SEO & Index Tools - The most powerful set of search engine optimization features for the Xenforo platform

nulumia-xenforo-seo-tools-indexing-addon-720-preview.jpg

nulumia-xenforo-seo-tools-indexing-addon-720_02.jpg

SEO & Index Tools is a powerful collection of search engine optimization features for Xenforo 2. SEO & Index Tools is developed with years of experience in managing SEO and brings numerous key features missing from Xenforo.

With a focus on indexing content, you can...

Read more about this resource...

when installing

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Trait 'Nulumia\SeoTools\Install\Upgrade1000413Trait' not found
  • src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Setup.php:13
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

when installing

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Trait 'Nulumia\SeoTools\Install\Upgrade1000413Trait' not found
  • src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Setup.php:13
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Thanks for reporting, that never came up in test installs. Checking now.

Hi Elliot,
Try downloading the new 1.0.5 Beta 1 and see if that works better for you. Be sure to check "Overwrite files during upgrade"

there are a few more errors

• ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '$nodeMeta' (T_VARIABLE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST)
  • src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Entity/AbstractNode.php:11
and

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'filename' of non-object
  • src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php:51

On the resource here it says there is no branding, but on your site it says that there is removal branding.

It really looks amazing! Love it. Never really worked on anything SEO-related but it seems like it guides you easily through the process. Also, love the looks on the settings page. Never seen anyone else do it like that.

there are a few more errors

• ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '$nodeMeta' (T_VARIABLE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST)

• src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/Entity/AbstractNode.php:11
and

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'filename' of non-object

• src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php:51
this is a problem with this plugin, delete, no errors https://xenforo.com/community/resources/check-tables.8318/

I'm encountering this error:
Code:
 The following sub-option(s) are unknown: resource_authors.

Please only display options for addons that are installed.
For Article options, please describe if this is for article threads or AMS.

It doesn't find the robots.txt. Yet, its there. Is there some validity check that is not met? If yes, then I think it would be useful to state that the file was found but didn't meet validity criteria.

In the template modification, I think you forgot to remove an entry used to identify an old problem:

post_edit
<xf:if is="$post.isFirstPost() && $thread.canEdit() && $thread.canSetMetaFields()">
Test
<xf:macro template="nulumia_seo_public_helper_meta_fields"
name="meta_fields"
arg-entity="{$thread.ThreadMeta}"
arg-useOgimage="{{ true }}" />
</xf:if>
$0

I think the word Test should not be present :)

Please add noindex settings for:
  • Forum Categories
  • Forums
  • Threads
One setting to noindex everything forum based would also be fine.

@Elliot Thank you and this is one of the reasons I'm expanding the addon into beta phase, as over a year of private site use hasn't uncovered errors like these. I will knock them out quickly
Are @Bob 's addons supported? (Showcase, RMS, AMS, UBS)
Right now just AMS but support for all the others coming very quickly!
On the resource here it says there is no branding, but on your site it says that there is removal branding.
This will be fixed
Also, love the looks on the settings page. Never seen anyone else do it like that.
Thank you for noticing! I wanted to do something a little special to make the user feel they're using something with a lot of effort gone in.
It really looks amazing! Love it. Never really worked on anything SEO-related but it seems like it guides you easily through the process.
To be honest the FAQ here is only a fraction of what I'm trying to provide, including a full wiki and an in-admin guided tour like you see on the web with those little popups that explain things lol. But if I wait on those this addon would take another year to release 😆 so it will be a process
Please only display options for addons that are installed.
Being worked on
For Article options, please describe if this is for article threads or AMS.
I was debating this so thanks for your input. Right now I intentionally lump product settings for both DragonByte eCommerce and XR Product Manager, and XenPorta with AMS. The intention was to have less details the user needs to worry about, and just make one setting for "Articles". But I'd like to hear opinions on this.
It doesn't find the robots.txt. Yet, its there. Is there some validity check that is not met?
I'll dig into the robots feature and see what's going on
One setting to noindex everything forum based would also be fine.
Can you explain a bit more what you mean by this?

Hey everyone two handy items that weren't mentioned in the FAQ:

1. You can add a rel=nofollow attribute to your main navigation links (tabs and sub-nav links) by going to Admin -> Public Navigation, then edit any entry and check the box for "Add rel=nofollow". This will also display a hint on the main list for which nav entries you've applied it.

2. If you want to use criteria for indexing, I personally recommend the following:
  • Set your global default criteria for things like threads, articles or products at the Index Management page. Note that for forum global criteria, it actually mimics but expands on the settings you're familiar with already for nodes in XF 2.2.x.
  • Edit each top level category and set them to "Index based on default criteria", then save. You should now see that default criteria is inherited throughout all your nodes or child categories.
  • Remember that the Index inheritance system works exactly the same for all supported content types: products, articles, resources etc.

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by this?
For sites that either do not use the forum part of XF OR that only use forum for intranet, it would be useful to be able to add noindex to all Forum content. i.e. category, forum, thread, post, etc.

I was debating this so thanks for your input. Right now I intentionally lump product settings for both DragonByte eCommerce and XR Product Manager, and XenPorta with AMS. The intention was to have less details the user needs to worry about, and just make one setting for "Articles". But I'd like to hear opinions on this.
To me its clearer to have settings per addon. You are already going to display only those settings that relate to installed addons. So generally there will not be much overlap.

For sites that either do not use the forum part of XF OR that only use forum for intranet, it would be useful to be able to add noindex to all Forum content. i.e. category, forum, thread, post, etc.
Ok sure, yea I was thinking of something similar for member pages, to noindex everything in one setting.

Top Bottom