[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Them I have to believe that there is some sort of human intervention here. There is no way a bot could adapt to that so quickly.
The captcha has been issued 36 times now, with 6 solved. I'm positive this has bot intervention.

So, what we can do here is continue to monitor and see if we start seeing this type of stuff from other spaminator sites. If the addon is bypassed, we WILL see more sites getting hit, and in short order. Meanwhile there's nothing else we can do.

XRumer and XEvil haven't released any new versions since September 2019, FWIW.

Instead of bickering (all of you) which is extremely unprofessional (on all sides) why don't you work together to do something productive or cut your losses and give your customer a refund, which will no doubt solve the issue on all sides?

Come on, you really shouldn't need us to get involved in this. Sort it out between you.

Well it's not going very well, is it?

I don't care whose fault it is. I'm telling all three of you to stop bickering on here and sort it out, otherwise we'll just close the thread and issue reply bans, which I suspect might be slightly problematic for ongoing support.

I'm telling all three of you to stop bickering on here and sort it out
We've continued to try to service this customer regardless of past history and bickering. From what we can tell, this addon is functioning properly. We can't really find much else out until Ozzy is able to do actual troubleshooting of the installation itself.

If that's not going to be allowed, there's no point in further communication with him. I agree.

Might I suggest, at least, that this particular support situation is now dealt with in private and with an open mind? Clearly if support is going to happen and access to sites provided or terms of a refund to be discussed then it can't happen here.

Might I suggest, at least, that this particular support situation is now dealt with in private and with an open mind? Clearly if support is going to happen and access to sites provided or terms of a refund to be discussed then it can't happen here.
We also have a service thread, at snogssite.

I am only seeing registrations, with the following characteristics:

• Often the registrations have a birth date of Jan 1, 1990
  • Generally the registrations have place of "New York"
  • Generally the registrations have a spam URL relating to some random keto diet web site

As I said, they never post actual spam.

I also have a country banning add-on, as a lot of the bad registrations were coming from a couple of countries. Unfortunately this doesn't help much as they use VPNs and can register from any place they want to.

From my research, I’ve found that these type of accounts are set up by humans, they lay dormant for some time. Then the botnet admin enables some of them to start posting.

Ozzy,

Is there any way that this can be fixed?

View the screenshot and look at the Captcha column.

The URLs are being cut-off when I expand that column to show the URL of the "offending" website.

ef8862ea6320594f991767b83eb69d7c.png

Does the same thing happen on a unmodified default style?

I don't know what happened to the post I had that answered that question, but YES.

Here is the screenshot of the unmodified default style showing the URLs being cut off.

9dce755dd4671080d92a9f2edc8a4bb7.png

Here is the screenshot of the unmodified default style showing the URLs being cut off.
This came up in my early testing and I should have said something about it. It's the widgets. I merely got rid of those for that page reasoning that it's only permissioned for admins to see anyway.

But, that's still a bug IMO, it should accomodate the use of the sidebar widgets.

Top Bottom