[OzzModz] Profile Fields Popup

[OzzModz] Profile Fields Popup 2.3.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I haven't had any reports about that. I just tried to download and no problems.
Can you try a different browser? Or Try Chrome> new incognito window.

I could use an add-on like this, but there is only one custom field I would want to display. Is there somewhere I can modify the code so that only one of the custom profile fields will display?

It is also not working properly in the theme I am using (it displays all the time, with no background), but I'll worry about that later on.

The display seems fine now.

But I still can't limit the results to one custom field. The following is in two places in the mrjinx_profilefieldspopup template:

Code:
<xf:macro template="custom_fields_macros" name="custom_fields_values"
                                arg-type="users"
                                arg-group="personal"
                                arg-set="{$user.Profile.custom_fields}"                          
                                arg-valueClass="pairs pairs--justified--popup" />

If I try arg-set="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.my_field}" (in both places where arg-group="personal", since this is the group where the profile field is stored), all I get is the letter "C" for any profile field that contains data.

Last edited:
I remember that I wanted to implement something like that, but it was too much work to be fun for me :)
So I can't help you with that, but if someone has a briljant sample I could always implement that.

It would require an extra option in the custom user field > general options section, so you can specify to show or hide the related field in the popup.

I will find another way to do it, then. I just need one field in a pop-up, and can probably do this with a template edit somehow. I don't code anymore, though, so I may have to hire someone to do this.

I removed the macro code, and replaced code for the custom field. It's working as I want it. We don't need any types of selections for fields, as this will only ever be one custom field.

@Mr. Jinx, only one small layout issue--for the link in the postbit, we need to have this as float: none; rather than float: left;, as it interferes with the XenCentral Rating System.

1579546010353.webp
I haven't found where this property is set (JS? CSS?), nor have I found a way in CSS to override it yet. I can do it manually in the inspector in Chrome, by changing element.style (even disabling float: left; works).

1579546839263.webp

A few other tweaks are in store but otherwise, this should work out for us!

I haven't found where this property is set (JS? CSS?), nor have I found a way in CSS to override it yet. I can do it manually in the inspector in Chrome, by changing element.style (even disabling float: left; works).
You can find this property in the template mrjinx_profilefieldspopup
Or add something like this in extra.less:
.profilefieldspopup_text { float:none !important; }

Aaah, OK, I didn't try it with !important. That worked! I made a few tweaks and it's looking good now! I even changed the phrase from "More" to the name of the custom field, and only have a little more to tidy up. Thanks for your help!

Small suggestion :), adding clearfix to the popup label group:
Less:
.message-userExtras-popup
{
    font-size: @xf-fontSizeSmaller;
    .m-clearFix();
}
This helps so that any additional elements added below where this group is inserted, won't collapse upward into the group, since the only two elements contained there (the popup labels) use floats. For example, tested and confirmed it helps when using alongside https://xenforo.com/community/threads/sc-online-status-indicator.147948/

hello,
having trouble getting this back in the post bit....seems we lost it since 2.2....

replicated on default style.....we do have alot of addons and some custom code etc, but i dont see any errors....

also your template mods are matching without issue i can tell you....not sure what to check next.

regards

also your template mods are matching without issue i can tell you...
So it looks like this, all 1 / 0 / 0 ?

1612954825781.webp

Other things to check:

Appearance > Styles > your style > Messages
Popup user info elements > Something is selected here?
Message user info elements > The option that is selected in Popup user info elements is also selected over here?

Check permissions, View member profiles should be set.

If this doesn't work, please check your page source.
Do you see something like:
Code:
<div class="message-userExtras-popup">
and
Code:
<div class="js-profilefieldspopup profilefieldspopup_text"
?

solved, thank you

didnt have message user info elements set....also somehow along the way the text color came to match postbit color on the custom style, so we are all back to normal now :)

Mr. Jinx updated Profile Fields Popup with a new update entry:

Discontinued

Announcement: I'm no longer able to maintain this (free) add-on.
The reason for this is that I have other priorities and providing these kind of add-ons no longer fits.

The resource will be available for download until the 1st of September.
If you are a developer and want to take over and continue this add-on, please contact me.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
This addon is now being maintained by OzzModz.
Sweet! 👍 Now if you one day pick up the ThemeHouse add-ons that got pulled out from under me (and are being released as open source), life would be good again. (And I'd be saying, "Take my money!!" 😁 )

I'm using this pop-up add-on in an unusual way, but maybe one day when I have time, I'll let you know what we're doing with it and maybe we can compare notes. (Essentially, all I need are the contents of one custom field hidden in a pop-up, viewable to logged-in members only, and I managed to do that with this add-on.)

Top Bottom