[OzzModz] Prefix Or Suffix Downloaded Attachments

[OzzModz] Prefix Or Suffix Downloaded Attachments 2.0.1

No permission to download

Ozzy47

Nice to see that one of my ideas getting an addon like this. I would definitely use this addon if I wouldn't have the other attachment (EAS2) addon. Thanks, this is very useful.

Does/Did that addon already have this feature in it?

Yes, it is one of the things au lait implemented for me. But please don't remove this addon, this is a very good idea, and sadly EAS2 is not sold anymore. So keep this up, please.

1586380732137.webp

Ahh, okay. No I won't remove this. It does the same thing, but also allows them to be suffixed, not to mention the other addon is no longer available.

Reactions: sbj
Yep, yours can be suffixed, but when I suggested I didn't think it would be needed. When attachment names get long, most of the time in your downloads folder the ends are cut off. So it can't be seen. If one wants to use this, as a prefix it should be more effective, as it is the first thing one sees. But in any case the suffix way can also be useful, so nice to have an option. People can decide for themselves.

hmm can you get it to work from the lightbox link?

i think that is basically the only place we have the option as we use an auto embed addon...

regards

hmm can you get it to work from the lightbox link?

i think that is basically the only place we have the option as we use an auto embed addon...

regards

Can you show me a screenshot of what you are referring to?

oh hmm ok thanks to confirm...

it works for me if i right click save in the gallery for example....but just not that one for some reason....i am sure it is probably one in the pile of addons preventing it.....i didnt see any errors in admincp or anything tho, might have to think about that one a little..

edit: oh i did one other quick test to right click save from light box also fail.....fwiw...

It's possible another addon is conflicting. Best way to find out is disable addons one by one till the issue goes away.

next time i hop on the test machine i will sure to do that...its something in the lightbox, just checked another method and all the other ways work...

@ozzy47
A space in the file name after prefix or before suffix can play a evil joke, can it be better to replace it with underscore?
For example: [Prefix]_Noname.zip or Noname_[Suffix].zip

Top Bottom