[OzzModz] Post Comments

[OzzModz] Post Comments 2.0.2 Patch Level 3

No permission to download

Ozzy47

Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Post Comments - Threaded discussions with nested replies

Post Comments
This product allows you to have your members reply directly to a post and have it display nested and inline.

By Default, XenForo will require use of bbcode to reply or quote a message. This add-on extends XenForo to allow for a nested experience when replying to a post, whereby the message is kept tabbed in and nested under the quoted post.

Many niche sites and forums will prefer this experience when topics require more detailed discussion and threads can get derailed...

Read more about this resource...

Just to clear it up, if I use comment on comment, I'm going one level deeper?

And with reply on comment I'm staying at same level? Is that right?

nice!

so Replace reply and multi-quote links does not seem to work for me. it keeps showing reply and quote options which behave normally. i am using default theme with some modifications. what could be the reason! I did disable [OzzModz] Hide Quote/Reply In First And Last Posts 2.0.2 addon.

Also just noticed errors in dashboard from when I had the addon activated on my board.

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'thpostcomments_root_reply_count' on XF:Thread[75725] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:203
Generated by: Unknown account Nov 28, 2021 at 4:09 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(115): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('thpostcomments_...')
#1 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/thread_list_macros.php(384): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('thpostcomments_...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(980): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(916): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#4 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/thread_list_macros.php(480): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(817): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/xfes_widget_similar_threads.php(22): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#8 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xfes_widget_sim...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1919): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#11 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/thread_view.php(1218): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('thread_view_bel...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#19 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#21 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#22 {main}

Anyone here who installed this addon... Can you confirm if it's working as expected for you guys!

nice!

so Replace reply and multi-quote links does not seem to work for me. it keeps showing reply and quote options which behave normally. i am using default theme with some modifications. what could be the reason! I did disable [OzzModz] Hide Quote/Reply In First And Last Posts 2.0.2 addon.

Also just noticed errors in dashboard from when I had the addon activated on my board.

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'thpostcomments_root_reply_count' on XF:Thread[75725] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:203
Generated by: Unknown account Nov 28, 2021 at 4:09 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(115): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('thpostcomments_...')
#1 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/thread_list_macros.php(384): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('thpostcomments_...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(980): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(916): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#4 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/thread_list_macros.php(480): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(817): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/xfes_widget_similar_threads.php(22): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thread_list_mac...', 'item', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#8 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(62): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xfes_widget_sim...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Widget/WidgetRenderer.php(67): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->render()
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1919): XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer->__toString()
#11 code_cache/templates/l1/s37/public/thread_view.php(1218): XF\Template\Templater->widgetPosition('thread_view_bel...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1644): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#19 src/XF/App.php(2344): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#21 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#22 {main}

Anyone here who installed this addon... Can you confirm if it's working as expected for you guys!

Both should be fixed in the latest version.

Thanks for the update!

Replace reply and multi-quote links seems to be fixed now which is great. I assume Enable multi-quote for comments only works if the above replace links option is disabled? But it does not seem to change anything if you have not replaced the quote and reply links... You can still multi-quote.

I had a request though! Clicking on comment/reply button should move the focus/cursor to the comment box. Right now, it creates some confusion because two reply boxes are visible (assuming you are at the bottom of the page where quick reply box is already visible) and neither of them are focused. Cheers!

Update: Merging of posts does not work. Shows an error. This one is a curious case. Where do post reply go when posts with comments are merged.

Last edited:
Just a quick curiosity before implementing live on my site.

It works like Reddit?

Just a quick example:

Code:
| - Post 1 [original]
| -- | Comment 1 to Post 1
| -- | Comment 2 to Post 1
|        |--- Reply 1 to Comment 2
|        |---- Reply 2 to Comment 2
| -- | Comment 3 to Post 1
| [...]
| - Comment 4

Click Here To Expand The Discussion
---

Can we limit how many "nested" replies will exist?

And, by the description, we can set a limit to comments and a limit to show the rest of the discussion.

I'm right or totally wrong?

Anybody can show to us on a live site?

there are two options... you can set the number of nests and you can set how many nests are visible at page load. to load deeper nests, user can click on a link to expand. There is no limit to how many comments can be made. I have it disabled at the moment coz merging posts feature didn't work. I can turn it on if you want to check it out right now and post a bunch of comments in test section.

Top Bottom