[OzzModz] Game Thread Starter

[OzzModz] Game Thread Starter [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($30.00)
does it fetch all of the data from TheGamesDB? so, if we have a non English forum, what will happen?
All of the data about the game that is displayed above the thread is fetched from The Games DB.

The Games DB does not support any other languages. So, only English would be displayed by default. You can edit a game and translate it after it's posted if you want.

Last edited:
What about videos, images, wallpapers? is it possible to share a video from my own server instead of YouTube or other video streaming platform?

What information it fetch from TheGamesDB? can you show me how it will look on a RTL language forum?

What about videos, images, wallpapers? is it possible to share a video from my own server instead of YouTube or other video streaming platform?

What information it fetch from TheGamesDB? can you show me how it will look on a RTL language forum?
All of that is obtained from TGDb. Once the images are obtained from TGDb, they are stored locally on your server. Videos must be hosted on YouTube.

This game on my site shows just about everything that is obtained from TGDb, and I do not have any clue what a RTL language would look like.

While it is possible to give all users permission to edit games, it's not really intended for all users to have that ability. Most people only allow trusted users to edit games.

Just as another option, users could join TGDb and upload screenshots and fanart there before posting the game on your site. That would ensure they get posted when the thread is started on your site.

But I'll put this on the wish list for the game system.
how long ?

There is never any guarantee if or when items on the wish list will be added.
without that function this addon is meaning less for normal user of forum they can't add screenshot or boxart there if not avilabe in tgdb. i look like i have wasted my money

without that function this addon is meaning less for normal user of forum they can't add screenshot or boxart there if not avilabe in tgdb. i look like i have wasted my money
Thank you for your opinion. However, the ability to edit the games was never intended for normal users. The XF 1.x version did not have the ability at all and was added to the XF 2 version for trusted users.

Thank you for your opinion. However, the ability to edit the games was never intended for normal users. The XF 1.x version did not have the ability at all and was added to the XF 2 version for trusted users.
that's by i din't purchase it in xf1 . even instead of upload Image a external image url is also good. but it's generate image url with path http://domain.com/data/tgdbthreads/boxart/front/61061-1.jpg
is that possible to use external image if you are not able to add upload feature.

Snog updated Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.8

An update to the Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Some games not being deleted when thread is deleted
  • Fix - Misc. display issues with XF 2.1
  • Add - Upload boxart/screenshot/fanart
  • Add - Permissions to upload boxart/screenshot/fanart

Read the rest of this update entry...

So does this create new threads/forums for all games in the database or just ones that I add myself? Are there any forums using this add-on that I can view to see how it looks first-hand?

So does this create new threads/forums for all games in the database or just ones that I add myself? Are there any forums using this add-on that I can view to see how it looks first-hand?
Threads are only created when a user adds them.

You can see it on my site...

Or on @Trueprime site

Or here...

There are more, but it's up to them if they want to post links to their site. ;)

Last edited:
Snog updated Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.0

An update to the Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Rating stars not showing in thread list with UiX 2.1.0.1 style
WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE ON XENFORO 2.0.x. XenForo 2.0.x is no longer supported with this update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I had a license but I did not miss it TBH.

It was not that popular of an addon, was a niche product. With the changes the developers that offer the API are proposing, it is just not wise to keep selling a addon that will not work at some point. It would not be fair to someone that purchased the addon to find out six months later that the addon is unusable and not fixable.

I looked at a couple of other API's but one is non commercial and the other one charges at different levels.

TGDb Games Thread Starter for XenForo 2.1 Update 2.1.1
Fixed: A possible SQL injection in the unlikely event theTGDB doesn't clean data before entering it in their database. Thanks to @TickTackk for the report.

Top Bottom