[OzzModz] Force Users To Read Threads

[OzzModz] Force Users To Read Threads 2.0.9 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Hey Chris! Is it possible to add that once they have been forced to read the thread that they have to post an answer to it before they can move on?

Anyone else run into the issue of users being forced to read the thread again when the force was supposed to expire?

Had a thread that was supposed to expire last night and even though users have already read the thread they were being forced to do so again.

Anyone else run into the issue of users being forced to read the thread again when the force was supposed to expire?

Had a thread that was supposed to expire last night and even though users have already read the thread they were being forced to do so again.
@Ozzy47 Force Users to Read a Thread addon issue. Please can you give fix update?

1. Force Users to Read a Thread list should be show 1st. Example: Newly added will be showing last but this should be show 1st.
2. When using Expire in then Force Users to Read a Thread again after expired.

Yes we have also same issue.

When forcing a user to read threads again, the button in the confirmation popup says "Delete". Is there a way we can change this to say "Confirm"?

Hi Ozzy. I have tested the plugin and it works in the nodes it seems, less in the one that I need, but doesn't works only the function to read the thread setted, before posting in the section, the other options of the plugin as "View Forum", View Threads" etc. are working also in this node, but the function "Create a Thread" doesn't, but only here because in the other nodes works.
I have asked to a friend of mine to give a look, but I wanted ask also to you if you have some idea.

Thanks in advance

EDITED...

Last edited:
Also would be useful an option to decide in how many time the notification must work.
For example if they add a notification to read the Rules of the resources section before posting, after 2 or 3 or 4 days is not useful that a users read again that thread, but for example can be good to ask that after 15 days the notification will be shown again if the user perform again that action, to be sure that the guide lines are followed good before to post.
I have seen that is there something like this about expiration form date, but not after how many days are passed from the last view, so that I think that can be a really useful option to add if not more complicated.

Hi Ozzy. I have tested the plugin and it works in the nodes it seems, less in the one that I need, but doesn't works only the function to read the thread setted, before posting in the section, the other options of the plugin as "View Forum", View Threads" etc. are working also in this node, but the function "Create a Thread" doesn't, but only here because in the other nodes works.
I have asked to a friend of mine to give a look, but I wanted ask also to you if you have some idea.

Thanks in advance

EDITED...
I have found the problem. It seems that the function "Create Thread" doesn't works if in the node where is enabled the plugin to show the notice, is present the same thread that must be read.
So to let work this function now, is necessary to move the thread that must be read, in another section of where the plugin must act.
Sure would be good if possible to fix this because can be useful to let work the plugin for example, to make read the Rules of a particular section/node (that quite always is present in it) before to post in that section.

Last edited:
Suggestion... :D

Here in the forum, users are sometimes not logged in for several months and forget so many rules.

Therefore, an option would be useful that takes effect if a user has not been logged in for more than ~ 2 months, then is forced to read and confirm the topic again.

Yes to me I have seen something like that.
For example in my case I have noted that a user that have read (we hope him does) the thread/rules indicated in the plugin for the first time, the second time the function didn't work anymore because the system think that the user have just read the thread/rules indicated.
So maybe a function that let you enable or not if the function (to open the thread that should be read) must works only one time per user, or each time the user make that action. Now it work only for one time, but sould be useful to set also that each time an user make that action the thread/to-show is shown.
Maybe this can fix also the problem that Masetrix says.

One function like that:

Show: (1 Time) or (Always)

So that is possible for the admin to select: "one time" or "(always)

Problem:

If a user has not approved the changed "terms and rules" option; this add-on doesn't work and the user cannot go to another page.

Top Bottom