[OzzModz] Force Users To Read Threads

[OzzModz] Force Users To Read Threads 2.0.9 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Problem:

If a user has not approved the changed "terms and rules" option; this add-on doesn't work and the user cannot go to another page.

I am sure, it will only take a few minutes for you to fix this important conflict. But you still don't. It creates a huge problem for users.

FYI - This not a big problem because there is an easy work around. Delete / disable the force or restore the thread.
A forced thread was soft deleted causing members to receive a Server Error message because of a NULL issue with "node_id".

1699896143764blob.webp

ft1.webp

Code:
Server error log
[LIST]
[*]ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "node_id" on null
[*]src/addons/xenMade/STFRT/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php:52
[*]Generated by: CJ
[*]Nov 13, 2023 at 7:43 PM
[/LIST]
[HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING]
#0 src/addons/xenMade/STFRT/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(52): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/jeepcj/pu...', 52)
#1 src/addons/SV/StandardLib/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(21): xenMade\STFRT\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): SV\StandardLib\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'Forum', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Forum), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}
Code:
[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "/community/forums/threads-to-be-reviewed.168/"
  ["referrer"] => string(37) "https://jeep-cj.com/community/forums/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

If a user has not approved the changed "terms and rules" option; this add-on doesn't work and the user cannot go to another page.
This is not a bug. The user must agree to them before interacting with other pages.
This rules agreement page cannot be overridden in the "correct" ways, only dirty tricks used for example in Force Rules Accept add-on. using them twice will break both add-ons

If the contract is renewed, the user must accept these rules again. If there is something mandatory to read at that time, you can't go to the rules acceptance page option, you can't go anywhere.

And if this is not a bug, what should we do to solve it?

If the contract is renewed, the user must accept these rules again. If there is something mandatory to read at that time, you can't go to the rules acceptance page option, you can't go anywhere.

And if this is not a bug, what should we do to solve it?
Ah, now I get it
It does not allow rules acceptance page when "View Global" forced thread option enabled

Sent you in DM a new build for a test

I don't think this is working.
Because the "all user groups" option is already selected.
However, unregistered are not redirected to the mandatory link.

I just checked mine by opening in an incognito window and it functioned correctly. You must use an incognito window so XF cannot read a saved cookie. User group: Any
You can see I'm not logged in.

reg4.webp

Top Bottom