[OzzModz] Debug & Development Mode From ACP

[OzzModz] Debug & Development Mode From ACP 2.0.0

No permission to download

Ozzy47

ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Debug & Development Mode From ACP - Enable debug and/or development mode from the ACP

Another mod brought to you by,
OzzModz.webp

This simple addon will allow you to enable debug and/or development mode from within your ACP. This helps so you do not have to edit your config.php file.

There are four settings for the addon.
  • Enable debug mode. You can enable/disable debug mode with this option.
  • Enable development mode. You can enable/disable development mode with this option.
  • Allowed user groups. You can select...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
It's good to see you creating addons again, @ozzy47 :)
Thanks, slowly getting my feet wet again. :)

@AndyB has a similar addon at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-mode-paid.163499/ although yours has a few more options.
Yeah, I am aware of his, and tried it, but I wanted more options, and to be able to restrict this to selected groups.

What is the difference between development mode and debug mode? And why would you want anyone but super admins to have access to this feature?
you can read about debug here, https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/development-tools/#debug-mode and development here, https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/development-tools/#enabling-development-mode

Me personally, I would want anyone but admins to be able to see the effects of the modes, but some may have a need for it.

Hello @ozzy47 great job!
One issue with the last update
Code:
An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: ozzmodzDefaultaddon in src/addons/OzzModz/DebugDevelopment/Listener.php on line 15

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/OzzModz/DebugDevelopment/Listener.php at line 15
OzzModz\DebugDevelopment\Listener::appSetup()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 67
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2647
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Repository/User.php at line 33
XF\Repository\User->getVisitor() in src/XF/App.php at line 1766
XF\App->getVisitorFromSession() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 53
XF\Admin\App->start() in src/XF/App.php at line 2173
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hello @ozzy47 great job!
One issue with the last update
Code:
An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: ozzmodzDefaultaddon in src/addons/OzzModz/DebugDevelopment/Listener.php on line 15

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/OzzModz/DebugDevelopment/Listener.php at line 15
OzzModz\DebugDevelopment\Listener::appSetup()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 67
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2647
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Repository/User.php at line 33
XF\Repository\User->getVisitor() in src/XF/App.php at line 1766
XF\App->getVisitorFromSession() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 53
XF\Admin\App->start() in src/XF/App.php at line 2173
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Oooops, sorry about that. Upgrade to ver 1.1.1 should fix that.

Hi ozzy47,

Any chance you could include server load stats in the footer? Will be using this addon when i move to xf2 thanks for releasing it :)

With the new update, you need to set the usergroup permissions for those groups you wish to see debug or development modes.
debugdev perms.png

Last edited:
Killer addon, love the features especially the cron timed disable. Love the fact we can download it here at xF as well.

Top Bottom