[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
@ozzy47 I have used Snog's add-on with a dozen different styles coded by different people over the years, and it worked with all of them. Yours works only with the default style apparently.

Why did you take over this add-on if all you were going to do was break it and argue with people who help you by reporting bugs instead of saying thank you for reporting this issue?

@ozzy47 I have used Snog's add-on with a dozen different styles coded by different people over the years, and it worked with all of them. Yours works only with the default style apparently.

Why did you take over this add-on if all you were going to do was break it and argue with people who help you by reporting bugs instead of saying thank you for reporting this issue?
I'll let you in on a little know fact. Snog wrote version 2.1.0 so I did not break it. So be careful before you start accusing people of doing something they did not.

Since a style update broke it from displaying properly that means the style devs made breaking changes.

Again, I did not take over the addon and break it.

There are alternative addons out there, I suggest you use those and see if they meet your needs.

Since a style update broke it from displaying properly that means the style devs made breaking changes.

Did you read carefully what I wrote? I tested with older versions of different UI.X styles. Country Flags 2.1.0 is broken with all of them. 2.0.12 works perfectly. I'll just downgrade to the older version, problem solved. It might have a slightly outdated database (or so MaxMind would like you to believe), but hey, it WORKS.

@Manster54 Do you use ThemeHouse styles? The original reason for me posting in this thread was to find out if anyone else was having this problem, not to argue, but this guy tricked me into having this pointless conversation with his combative attitude. I have now confirmed that the new version absolutely does not work with ANY version of ThemeHouse add-ons that run on the UI.X. engine. If you downgrade to the older add-on, it works perfectly. If you use the new one, it doesn't. But this guy keeps saying it's the style, not the add-on. 😂

Addon developers pretty strictly follow xenforo's standards and rules, if they were found not to be doing so they get their products removed until they are brought into compliance. Style and theme devs, not so much. That is why sometimes issues such as this happen.
Do you use ThemeHouse styles?
Sure do and I have no problems. Of course, I followed instructions posted awhile back, about overwriting ALL of the files when upgrading to version 2.1 of this addon.

UI.X Pro is what I have by the way.

Ozzy is not being argumentative or combative, or defensive. Show me any addon dev who is going to rewrite addons to comply with 3rd party styling platforms. Addons are written to xF standards, as I pointed out before. Not to TH or PE addons and styles.

Let me make sure I have the scope of your problem correct, from what I am reading here.

1) Updated the TH style, addon broke.
2) Updated the site from xF1.5 to 2.1, addon broke.
3) Now it doesn't work on any older version of the TH styles.

Seems like a lot of goalpost moving going on. Makes it difficult to even understand the issue.

But the main thing is, nothing has changed in the displaying of the flags in the update of the addon.

Goalposts were only moved because he tried to convince me the problem was the style, not the add-on. So to eliminate the possibility of the style being the problem, I went to a totally different site that was running a slightly older version of UI.X with Country Flags 2.0.12, which I knew was running perfectly. I updated that site's Country Flags to 2.1 and it immediately broke and started showing the exact same problems described with the first site. So we know it's absolutely not the style.

Goalposts were only moved because he tried to convince me the problem was the style, not the add-on. So to eliminate the possibility of the style being the problem, I went to a totally different site that was running a slightly older version of UI.X with Country Flags 2.0.12, which I knew was running perfectly. I updated that site's Country Flags to 2.1 and it immediately broke and started showing the exact same problems described with the first site. So we know it's absolutely not the style.
None of the code that involves the display of the flags was changed in this addon between version 2.0.12 and version 2.1. Only changes involved were related to how we GET the flags.

Can you provide some screenshots showing what you're experiencing?
I updated that site's Country Flags to 2.1
Did you overwrite the files as instructed?

I can't take a screenshot of the flags that are missing :D
As instructed where? Can you link the instructions so I can make sure I did it correctly?

I can't take a screenshot of the flags that are missing :D
As instructed where? Can you link the instructions so I can make sure I did it correctly?
Post #420 of the thread instructs another fella who had issues to make sure files are overwritten. I do it as routine any time I upgrade any addon.

Not saying this is related to your problem at all.

Well in that case, yeah, the files are overwritten since they are uploaded over the old ones... And in the case of upgrading from 1.5, the old files wouldn't play a role anyway since they are from a legacy add-on. Of course I entered the API key too.

That's incorrect. I use PixelExit custom styles and it works just fine with those.

The problem is obviously with the styles you are using, as two people now have told you. I don't use those styles because I found them to be quirky.

That's incorrect. I use PixelExit custom styles and it works just fine with those.

The problem is obviously with the styles you are using, as two people now have told you. I don't use those styles because I found them to be quirky.

ThemeHouse styles are unparalleled in quality and features. Mike ships knockout product and his customer support team is second to none. They are some of the top talent working in the XenForo universe.

Correct. I also use PixelExit styles and this add-on works FINE with them, as well as the default style installed with my XF 2.1. So I can guarantee you that this add-on DOES work with non-XF styles. Perhaps just not the latest TH ones. That's a TH issue, not a @Snozzy issue with regard to this add-on.

ThemeHouse styles are unparalleled in quality and features. Mike ships knockout product and his customer support team is second to none. They are some of the top talent working in the XenForo universe.
But... Their updates DO break addons from time to time. It happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom