OVH Cloud VPS

If you want the scaleability, you'll need to use the public cloud version from OVH, but it's not SSD. Their cloud instances you linked to above aren't in their standard OVH manager.

https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml

I want cloud vps 3. but it has just 100gb of storage. I need more.
"Add resources via the Control Panel" is stated next to Scalability, so does anyone with one of these know if disk space is something I can increase?
I think @RoldanLT has one?

Thanks!

I'm using OVH Cloud SSD VPS instance with adicional disk space, I just don't know why Uk doesn't have listed:

https://www.ovh.ie/cloud/instances/ (click the plus sign in the bottom of the page)
These are the same VPS SSD instaces packaged as a Cloud Instance.

Then attach a disk a mount it.

@Nuno I'm looking to switch from ServInt to OVH in the near future. If you don't mind me asking, how is their support, uptime, and the such?

Been with them fro about four years now, I use their VPS Cloud 3.
A lot of people moan about their support, but I have never had a problem, it may not be the fastest in the world, but it's more than adequate.
Uptime, I went from last March to December with 100% uptime, then they had internal/hardware problems at their Graveline datacentre which took the server(s) down for all of 15 minutes.
Uptime is excellent!
I recommend them.

@Lawrence

I'm very satisfied with the service. I'm from Portugal and they reply to tickets in the same day. They do not have support on weekends.
The phone support is very good and helpful.

I used the VPS SSD line and switched a month ago to Cloud VPS SSD so I can use adicional disks.
I'm loving this setup mainly because I can have Classic Disks for 0,04€/GB or High Speed Disk for 0,08€/GB.
My uptime is 100% but today they are having some troubles with some VPS SSD hosts (status.ovh.net)

The VPS SSD line is a month to month payment while the Cloud instances are prorated to the end of the month. You can choose hourly billing or month billing. The first is more expensive and I use it only to test new things.

Last but not least, prices are very competitive for this setup and you can chose to get higher CPU or RAM instances for more power if you want to.
Do note that the cheap instances do not have SLA and the resources (CPU and RAM) are best effort.

My uptime is 100% but today they are having some troubles with some VPS SSD hosts (status.ovh.net)
I had all 3 of my DNS VPS (2gb SSD VPS in 3 different locations) with them reload last night. I've found that when they hard reload, they don't come back up with an ip address associated, so we're all offline until I woke up this morning, and restarted the network interfaces to get them an ip allocated.

@MattW that's a big concern.
I don't use the VPS SSD line. I moved to the Cloud SSD VPS. I "think" these are not the same and aren't hosted in the same hosts.
Mines are working fine.

@MattW that's a big concern.
I don't use the VPS SSD line. I moved to the Cloud SSD VPS. I "think" these are not the same and aren't hosted in the same hosts.
Mines are working fine.
I also have a couple of Cloud VPS instances (the 7GB CPU ones) and haven't had any issues with them. The issues have been on the SSD ones (which is to be expected considering the price vs spec and the lack of sla etc). I'd not be happy of they weren't part of a redundant DNS setup.

Thanks guys for the information. I'll be contacting OVH (in Canada) for further info. What I like about ServInt is their customer support, once they even trouble-shot a routing issue for me that wasn't even part of their network and contacted the support people on my behalf to have it fixed. The reason I'm looking to change from them is that for me to upgrade to the latest CentOS version it means I need to change packages (the one they recommend has less of everything that my current VPS package has, but costs more, go figure).

Top Bottom